Author Topic: Updates on bow so far??  (Read 11667 times)

Offline EarlySunrise

• Forked
Updates on bow so far??
« on: Sep 26, 2012, 09:54:24 PM »
Not a bowhunter yet, getting into it next year. Gearing up and seeing what we can do.

BUT, still interested in what's happening in the woods and how you boys are doing. Stories, pics, whatever. I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd like to know...
Sometimes you've gotta burn the barn down, in order to see the moon again.

Offline deerme

• 8 Pointer
Re: Updates on bow so far??
« Reply #1 on: Sep 27, 2012, 05:14:10 AM »
Several deer have been taken. Check out the threads in this forum...

Offline 44MAG

• Spiked
  • Nashua, NH
« Reply #2 on: Sep 27, 2012, 05:36:52 AM »
Been out three times so far and had 4 deer well within range. One nice 6 pointer which I took a shot at and missed. Could of had something to do with the fact I was half way up a tree in my climber and spotted him heading towards me on a run. Pulled the bow up before he could spot my movement and took the shot at 25 yards leaning around the tree. Shot over him and off he went. I should practice that shot.  :-\   Scared the dickens out of him cuz he blatted 10-12 times as he ran off towards the bedding area and blew up my ambush. I let the spot cool off for week now and I'll see if I can stick'm come Saturday morning!!!

Had a nice doe with two yearlings under one of my ladder stands but I won't shoot a doe with young ones. Besides she busted me anyways hanging the bow back up.....she's a good momma!!!

« Last Edit: Sep 27, 2012, 06:12:04 AM by 44MAG »
Mathews Monster XLR8 - 28" Draw / 65 lbs / 336 fps
Carbon Express Hunter - 250 & G5 - 100 gr Tekan
G5 - Optix XR2 Sights / Fuse Axium Stabilizer / QAD HD Rest
Scott Rhino XT Release / Bow Force Mapped

Offline dt5150

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Sep 27, 2012, 07:11:28 AM »
seen 4 or 5, nothing with head gear yet. missed a doe at 40 yards last sunday, shot under her. gonna hit it tonight after work. new spot i hung last weekend. we'll see how it is..

Offline EarlySunrise

• Forked
« Reply #4 on: Sep 27, 2012, 07:26:29 AM »
Several deer have been taken. Check out the threads in this forum...

Well I know that! I look at lease once a day, it not much more. I just know theres some folks out there who look, but don't write or share.
Sometimes you've gotta burn the barn down, in order to see the moon again.

Offline deerme

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Sep 27, 2012, 07:53:04 AM »
Well I know that! I look at lease once a day, it not much more. I just know theres some folks out there who look, but don't write or share.

haha ok just wanted to make sure you didn't miss those threads  :)

good idea getting people to talk about their season so far.  hopefully more chime in.

i've been out 12 times so far.  i had three does and a skipper come in opening day evening but i wasn't comfortable w/ any of the shots.  there were three does hanging around the 6 pointer i took.  and i had a small doe at 45 yards wednesday evening.  nine deer so far.  also, two coyotes  >:( >:( >:(

headed to NJ tomorrow morning for five solid days of hunting.  time to fill the freezer  :D

Offline Squirrel

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Sep 27, 2012, 08:46:10 AM »
I have only gotten out 5 times have seen the same doe 3 times had her at 6 yards with no clean shot oppurtunity the next night had her at 20 yards but my arrow hit some hemlock on the way to her she ran ten yards and kept feeding, she ended up coming back the following weekend with no shot. I also have seen some real nice long beards with no shot. Moving another stand in an area I have been seeing alot of deer with a couple bucks moved in. wont be hunting until sat evening.

good luck in Jersey deerme
known as "waterwolf603" on MFF and "coldsteel" on ice shanty

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #7 on: Sep 27, 2012, 09:08:29 AM »
11 hunts for me so far. 8 does, 4 fawns, 5 bucks ( nothing bigger than a small 6 pt. ), 3 grey fox, 2 fisher, 23 turkeys with 3 nice Toms. Shot a funny racked 3 point the other day. Don't need him in the gene pool ;D.
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline Squirrel

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Sep 27, 2012, 09:23:22 AM »
have you been hunting in the zoo again  ::)

Offline jlaclair

• 12 Pointer
  • get closer to the woodland critters
« Reply #9 on: Sep 27, 2012, 09:25:34 AM »
went out this morning...saw nothing
Take a Kid outside...

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #10 on: Sep 27, 2012, 10:01:16 AM »
have you been hunting in the zoo again  ::)

Child please! You know with the ungodly scouting I do it's bound to pay off like it does 8)
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline Squirrel

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #11 on: Sep 27, 2012, 10:10:18 AM »
this is true you definitely put your time in

Offline bassranger

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #12 on: Sep 27, 2012, 12:54:49 PM »
I have sat 4 mornings and 5 evenings. Opening day evening had 2 doe come in, drew back but no shot. Next night had 3 doe come in got a small doe. I haven't seen another deer since.

Offline pipes18079

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #13 on: Sep 30, 2012, 09:08:36 PM »
definitely not much to update been out 6 times and have not seen a deer while on stand yet. Going to have to maybe move a few stands around soon. Haven't been as much as I usually go still bass fishing alot but hanging rods up got one last tourney on Wednesday and that will be it then hitting woods hard and pumped for pheasant opening in am. Just wish it wasn't the way it is few birds many  hunters.

Offline Squirrel

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #14 on: Oct 01, 2012, 08:02:46 AM »
didnt get a chance to get out this weekend, I went to the big E and stayed in connecticutt and my buddies and we smoked some geese. Planned on hunting sat and sun evening but it didnt work out I finally hung that stand in the rain in the morning yesterday looks real promising I will be going out tommoro after work!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal