Author Topic: Updates on bow so far??  (Read 11666 times)

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
Re: Updates on bow so far??
« Reply #15 on: Oct 01, 2012, 08:16:29 AM »
didnt get a chance to get out this weekend, I went to the big E and stayed in connecticutt and my buddies and we smoked some geese. Planned on hunting sat and sun evening but it didnt work out I finally hung that stand in the rain in the morning yesterday looks real promising I will be going out tommoro after work!
Nice! Where are the geese pics Squirrel?

Offline Squirrel

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #16 on: Oct 01, 2012, 08:18:03 AM »
Nice! Where are the geese pics Squirrel?

on my camera I didnt upload em yet I have one on my phone if someone knows how to put it up that way cuz I dont haha
known as "waterwolf603" on MFF and "coldsteel" on ice shanty

Offline EarlySunrise

• Forked
« Reply #17 on: Oct 01, 2012, 07:51:09 PM »
sounding like theres been some action in the woods, thats for sure. Even if they're not hitting the ground, glad to hear everyone is getting out and seeing some action. Keep up the post and get some pics up here!!!
Sometimes you've gotta burn the barn down, in order to see the moon again.

Offline Squirrel

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #18 on: Oct 02, 2012, 06:55:36 AM »
hunting a new stand I hung on sunday, tonight! The ground is blanketed in acorns and looks promising with fresh scat and tracks everywhere. The piece of woods is predominantly hardwoods with a couple swamps. One set of tracks has me especially excited as there is a nice spread to em and appear to be a buck  ;D I hope it pays off. Good luck to you guys if you head out today aswell

Offline Squirrel

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #19 on: Oct 02, 2012, 12:09:01 PM »
looks like t-storms tonight  >:( was really hoping to hunt that new spot, maybe i will head to the gym so I can hunt tommorow if it isnt more of the same, this sucks

Offline EarlySunrise

• Forked
« Reply #20 on: Oct 02, 2012, 02:00:49 PM »
Sounds like a great spot you found. I say head out anyway, the best deer come on the worst days!

Offline Squirrel

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #21 on: Oct 02, 2012, 02:10:29 PM »
i just get worried that I would have a real hard time keeping on a blood trail and not be able to find the deer if I hit one  :-\ I hear you tho its alot like fishing, when its crappy outside usually they are biting

Offline 44MAG

• Spiked
  • Nashua, NH
« Reply #22 on: Oct 02, 2012, 04:20:18 PM »
Never did make it back to where I missed a shot at the six pointer last week but instead ended up spending some time in one of the many other ladder stands I've got up...10 total. Nada thing moving on Saturday or Sunday which the rain had something to do with I'm sure. Owning my own business has it's benefits so I think I'll take off Thursday & Friday and hunt hard through till Sunday...weather permitting of course.

Anyone else notice the size of the White Oak acorn's with this years crop?  Holy Moly  :o found some the size of walnuts and there everywhere! What I like to do is rake the trails clean down to earth to all my stands so I can sneak in without being heard in the dark. Makes for easy acorn pick'n too !!! So come November the only acorn's the Deer will find are under my stands  8) Always produces at least one nice bruiser and a couple of FAT doe's to boot. In do time....In do time!!!
Mathews Monster XLR8 - 28" Draw / 65 lbs / 336 fps
Carbon Express Hunter - 250 & G5 - 100 gr Tekan
G5 - Optix XR2 Sights / Fuse Axium Stabilizer / QAD HD Rest
Scott Rhino XT Release / Bow Force Mapped

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #23 on: Oct 02, 2012, 05:39:12 PM »
Wish we had acorns up this way

Offline EarlySunrise

• Forked
« Reply #24 on: Oct 02, 2012, 07:10:55 PM »
I was out this afternoon doing some scouting and I couldn't get over the acorns! You're right, they were gigantic. I needed a damn helmet to get through the woods. Found some sign though. Sneaking out of work a bit early never hurt anyone right?

Offline Squirrel

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #25 on: Oct 03, 2012, 11:55:26 AM »
early sunrise--

you were right last night was a great night to sit I had a real nice 8 pointer come in to 12 yards couldnt draw as I had no cover on the side he was on waited for him to get his head behind a tree drew back but no shot at the vitals, let him take a few steps at this point he was at 20 yards I had a small window to shoot through tried to thread the needle but arrow got deflected  :-\ he didnt spook and ran about 10 yards and stayed around for 10-15 minutes before walking off. nevber got a 2nd shot hopefully he gives me another oppurtunity

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #26 on: Oct 03, 2012, 04:44:45 PM »
I am going to start calling you Deflection! Get your head in the game Chief!
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline Squirrel

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #27 on: Oct 04, 2012, 07:47:27 AM »
I am going to start calling you Deflection! Get your head in the game Chief!

dude sucked it was a buck YOU would be proud of! Bought the axis arrows last night cut an inch extra off and added nocturnals. Finally maxed out the bow and it performs much better was shootin a little high and left got that taken care of and set up my 40 yard pin I am ready to put one in the boiler room

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #28 on: Oct 04, 2012, 08:03:33 AM »
Bummer Squirrel. Hope you get another shot.

Offline Squirrel

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #29 on: Oct 04, 2012, 08:13:52 AM »
thanks man he didnt spook really he jumped 10 yards and sat there looking around for about 10-15 minutes before walking slowly. Hopefully he comes back and I get another shot only the 2nd deer I have ever shot at and I probably just jumped the gun and shoulda waited to see where he was going to go but I figured he would not give me another shot at the time. Fingers crossed I will be hunting that stand tommorow evening

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal