Author Topic: how was everyones first day  (Read 5264 times)

Offline Got Deer?

• Spiked
how was everyones first day
« on: Sep 09, 2006, 01:10:32 PM »
saw 3 got a shot off at one tracked for a while with good blood trail then all of a sudden no more blood and of course no deer.....

Offline cdc

• Forked
Re: how was everyones first day
« Reply #1 on: Sep 09, 2006, 05:45:03 PM »
well I saw a bunch of nothing  :-[
 If I were you Gotdeer?...I would be right back out there doing some more tracking....if there is blood then it'll be down.
Good luck.

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Sep 09, 2006, 05:48:14 PM »
first day already :'( we have to wait until 10/14 :'(

good luck too all you guys out shooting deer already, and good luck to you finding your deer, got deer.

Offline Got Deer?

• Spiked
« Reply #3 on: Sep 09, 2006, 06:49:12 PM »
a hell of a blood trail and bright red blood at that and then it just stopped cdc my father and i walked all over the place cant find anything anywhere

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Sep 09, 2006, 07:34:12 PM »
i had a monster 8 i lost the blood trail on a few years back, i got a buddy of mune to help the next day, we found the deer the following night, but sadley the coyotes found him the night before :'(

Offline Got Deer?

• Spiked
« Reply #5 on: Sep 09, 2006, 07:44:44 PM »
i was thinking bout going out again but with the temp it is like november so i dont think i would get much out of it that is if i was lucky enough to find it..

Offline Pikeguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Sep 11, 2006, 10:29:42 AM »
i was thinking bout going out again but with the temp it is like november so i dont think i would get much out of it that is if i was lucky enough to find it..

Keep trying though. It'll be peace of mind for you if you find it. Even if it was a meal for another hungry predator..You'll at least know it's not out there wounded  ;)
Adam

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
« Reply #7 on: Sep 11, 2006, 10:31:40 AM »
Got deer,
   Where do you live that you can go out bowhunting so early?
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline chillywillie

• 6 Pointer
  • Buxton, Maine
« Reply #8 on: Sep 11, 2006, 01:00:56 PM »
Maine has special archery areas around certain towns where you can't hunt with firearms.  The season is from the middle of September to the middle of December.  Doe tags are 12 bucks and you can shoot as many as you want.  The areas to hunt are very small though.

Offline cdc

• Forked
« Reply #9 on: Sep 11, 2006, 07:34:56 PM »
Back out there today...with no luck again...
going to try another spot in the am...

Chillywillie, you have any luck??

Offline chillywillie

• 6 Pointer
  • Buxton, Maine
« Reply #10 on: Sep 12, 2006, 05:21:39 AM »
I haven't been out yet.  I screwed my shoulder up last week and couldn't pull my bow.  I should be good for this weekend though.

Offline ifishhi

• Forked
« Reply #11 on: Sep 12, 2006, 08:32:05 AM »
Back out there today...with no luck again...
going to try another spot in the am...
have you tried the spot around where i told you about yet ;)

Offline cdc

• Forked
« Reply #12 on: Sep 12, 2006, 04:32:32 PM »
have you tried the spot around where i told you about yet ;)
Not yet....its a little out of the way right now...but I'll be back to work tomorrow and one night i'm sure I'll get up there for the evening hunt.

Offline TroutKing

• Spiked
« Reply #13 on: Sep 13, 2006, 08:27:04 AM »
Well, my father and I went out on our first hunt up here in Maine on Monday. We were quite impressed when in the first ten minutes, we saw a nice six point buck. My father did not have a clear shot at him, but I did. He was walking quite briskly, so I did not take the shot. I did not want to wound him. It was warm and buggy, so we didn't stay out until dark. We look forward to Fri. Good luck to you all.

TK

Offline TroutKing

• Spiked
« Reply #14 on: Sep 14, 2006, 09:03:13 AM »
Went out last night to the same spots we saw the deer on Monday. My dad got two shots off at the same deer while hunting from the ground. He shot right over the top both times. I think he seriously misjudged the distance on both shots. We found no hair and no blood, but we only found one arrow. We cirlcled around the area the deer was standing to find any signs of a hit, jsut to be sure. We circled out 100 yards and found nothing. I think it's safe to say the deer was not touched. Oh well, we have three months to get the job done.

TK

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal