Author Topic: mossberg semi auto shotgun  (Read 2365 times)

Offline viper75

• Nubbie
mossberg semi auto shotgun
« on: Mar 31, 2007, 03:18:02 PM »
If anyone on here has one what are they like for the money.thinking about getting one in 12 gauge for turkey and waterfowl hunting this coming year.

Offline the wizard

• 6 Pointer
Re: mossberg semi auto shotgun
« Reply #1 on: Apr 03, 2007, 06:50:38 AM »
If anyone on here has one what are they like for the money.thinking about getting one in 12 gauge for turkey and waterfowl hunting this coming year.
   I don't know if this is what you want to hear , but I had a# 9200 mossburg semi ,full camo,12ga;   
        I bought it and it shot 6-8 inches to the right of aimpoint and a foot or better low, at 30yrd.    I talked to a guy at a gun shop and he said to put the barrel  in the crotch of a tree and tweak it.     WELL that wasn't happnin.   
        So I put  scope on and tried that,  Just didn't like it .           also the shells fell out of the mag as you walked through the woods too , I got back to my truck one day  and went to unload it  but I only had one in the chamber.   never heard them fall.          So I had a friend [ gun dealer ]take it to gun shows to sell and after 7 0r 8 shows he finally sold it at a loss just so I could get rid of it.
       All in All   that could have been a lemon which happens with every thing but I am not a mossburg fan any more.                 I have a friend that uses a 835 and does well,  also his bro has one and it is  junk so  ???.
    There is a lot of good quality guns for cheap so shop around  .     
  I own several top end guns now  and can say one of the best guns I've owned is Rem. 870 express  [ cheap,]
 And still had the best pattern for turkey of any gun I've ever owned
      >>>>--------> 2014 Venison Villans

Offline fishinboots

• Spiked
« Reply #2 on: Oct 19, 2007, 12:26:41 PM »
i have a model 500 and i can shoot anything with it.  i paid 211.00 for it and i love it.  i hunted with it last year and shoots sweet comes with 3 chokes and u can put a turkey choke on it.  u can shoot slugs, and it is sweet.  it is just like sex u never want to give it up.   ;D
I LOVE HUNTING AN FISHING AN MY BABY AN MY GF AN ICE FISHING
JOHN SIMONEAU

Offline grousemaster789

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Oct 19, 2007, 02:15:37 PM »
i have a model 500 and i can shoot anything with it.  i paid 211.00 for it and i love it.  i hunted with it last year and shoots sweet comes with 3 chokes and u can put a turkey choke on it.  u can shoot slugs, and it is sweet.  it is just like sex u never want to give it up.   ;D

I have the same thing for relativly the same price. Just startted using it this year and love it.
"A peculiar virtue in wildlife ethics is that the hunter ordinarily has no gallery to applaud or disapprove of his conduct. Whatever his acts, they are dictated by his own conscience, rather than by a mob of onlookers. It is difficult to exaggerate the importance of this fact." -Aldo Leopold

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal