Author Topic: oneshott  (Read 3316 times)

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
oneshott
« on: Jul 07, 2013, 03:22:03 AM »

Welcome aboard from the Adirondack Mts. in upstate N.Y.. I hope you can live up to your name, it's a good 1 to have. ;D

Offline chuckrudy

• 10 Pointer
Re: oneshott
« Reply #1 on: Jul 07, 2013, 06:36:52 AM »
welcome to mhf You will enjoy this forum :)
no information

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #2 on: Jul 07, 2013, 08:29:49 AM »
Welcome to the site from the NEK of Vt. Tell us a little about yourself  ;D

Offline oneshott

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Jul 07, 2013, 10:30:54 AM »
Thank you guys.  I live in the southern portion of NH.  I use muzzleloader and rifle.  I would like to get into archery, but that hasn't happened yet.  I got the nickname from a past hunting group because all I used to carry for all seasons but archery was a muzzleloader.  I have hunted mainly NH.  However, I have hunted Vermont and Massachusetts a few times, and two, nine day trips to Pennsylvania.  Thank you for the welcome you nice guys.

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
« Reply #4 on: Jul 07, 2013, 10:53:50 AM »

You're welcome, we love to have new members. We like to see pics of the deer, bear moose or turkey's that you have gotten in the past or you get in the future. Tis is a good place to share your hunting stories & read about others. Just enjoy your time here. ;D

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #5 on: Jul 07, 2013, 01:38:56 PM »
Thank you guys.  I live in the southern portion of NH.  I use muzzleloader and rifle.  I would like to get into archery, but that hasn't happened yet.  I got the nickname from a past hunting group because all I used to carry for all seasons but archery was a muzzleloader.  I have hunted mainly NH.  However, I have hunted Vermont and Massachusetts a few times, and two, nine day trips to Pennsylvania.  Thank you for the welcome you nice guys.
Do you hunt southern NH. or have you hunted up around Pittsburg , NH.

Offline oneshott

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Jul 07, 2013, 02:27:43 PM »
I hunt mostly southern NH.  I have hunted in Pittsburg, but that was when I didn't know what I was doing.  Never seen a deer while hunting in Pittsburg, only while drving just before getting there, probably in Colebrook or Stewatrstown.
« Last Edit: Jul 07, 2013, 04:51:41 PM by oneshott »

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #7 on: Jul 07, 2013, 03:20:22 PM »
I hunt mostly southern NH.  I have hunted in Pittsburg, but that was when I didn't know what I was doing.  Never seen a deer while hunting in Pittsburg, only while drving just before getting there, probably in Colebrook or Stewarstown.
Do you guy's have much luck in Pennsylvania

Offline oneshott

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Jul 07, 2013, 04:20:59 PM »
Yes, many deer sightings in PA.  However they have stiff antler restrictions there. Anywhere from 3 to 4 points required on one side.  Unlike Vermont, I feel they are working there.  If you sit yourself strategically in PA.  You can see more deer in a day, than all season in south NH.  The deer numbers are high and so are the hunter numbers on PA.  They can get rude in the hot areas.  I had a guy tell me to move, when I was at my spot about 90 minutes before he got there.  I know this because I saw him drive up on an atv.  I was down at the bottom of a hill that he drove up on.  The black bears grow huge there also.
PA has had a reputation for small deer.  I did not experience that in the southwest area.  They have tons of food in that area and a lot of public land.  If you ever decide to try it, they have some nice cabins in the state parks that are cheap to split with a few guys and are nice and clean.  You have to apply for doe tags over the late spring and summer for non residents.  That is how their doe system works.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #9 on: Jul 07, 2013, 08:10:54 PM »
Welcome to the site...
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline gundogwanted

• Forked
  • Eyes on the prize
« Reply #10 on: Jul 08, 2013, 12:15:23 AM »
Do you guy's have much luck in Pennsylvania
Sometimes, if you are lucky enough.
Any gun shooting a magnum cartridge is going to let you know when the trigger breaks and the primer goes pop---usually in the shoulder, occasionally in the cheek.

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #11 on: Jul 08, 2013, 03:57:59 AM »

:o :o  That is a great looking Bear  :) :)

Offline hunts2long

• 12 Pointer
  • Northville,NY
« Reply #12 on: Jul 08, 2013, 05:36:18 AM »
Welcome to MHF.....hunts2long
Some days are diamonds some days are stone

Offline oneshott

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #13 on: Jul 08, 2013, 06:16:13 AM »
Wow.  Many of the active members seems to be from New York.  Any NH members?

Offline hesseltine32

• 12 Pointer
  • Run and Gun
« Reply #14 on: Jul 08, 2013, 06:19:01 AM »
Nice bear gundog !

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal