Author Topic: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.  (Read 1644470 times)

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
Re: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.
« Reply #165 on: Oct 12, 2010, 09:33:11 AM »
That they are Raquette..... >:(

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #166 on: Oct 12, 2010, 10:25:50 AM »
If it's got a spark plug or sit's to pee it's going to give you problems.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #167 on: Oct 12, 2010, 10:34:44 AM »
Ain't that the truth...  I drove a Toyota for 12 years and the only thing I put in that was a clutch and brakes...   This is the first new vehicle I have ever owned and probably the last...........
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #168 on: Oct 12, 2010, 11:39:53 AM »
Yup!! say what you will, but we make the worst vehicles on the planet....(now I might add)
I had a Nissan Pathfinder for 15 years, until the thing finally rusted apart. Changed the oil, brakes, and one water pump. That's it, just gas and go.
Had to sell my 1999 S-10 I bought brand new for 800 bucks with 88000 miles on it. The biggest piece of junk ever. The dealer refused to trade for it!!! Will never buy another Chevy!!
The Dakota isn't much better. Can't keep a front end under it. Plus the tranny is slipping after one summer towing the boat... ::)
My Jeep has 200000 miles on it, but it is a Jeep, not AMC or Chrysler. Course it is a catty vehicle...you can throw one through it anywhere... ::)
My Nissan Sentra had 275000 miles on it when the timing belt went, I still got 400 for it from a junk yard for a parts vehicle.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #169 on: Oct 13, 2010, 06:42:44 AM »
Status this morning: Slowly getting over this cold. Feeling better, still coughing but at least a productive cough now.
Made a decision a number of years ago to not take antibiotics unless I was on my death bed. Since then, I get sick less and get over viruses
quicker. We truly do more harm than good running to the doc's for antibiotics every time we get a sniffle. IMO Not that they don't have their place.
The wife needs them to keep it from turning into something worse.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #170 on: Oct 13, 2010, 08:20:05 AM »
All this junk vehicle talk has me worried about fuel pump's, Not really I have a Diesel. But I'm going Truck shopping this morning, Sorry boy's but it's going to be a Ford if I find one.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #171 on: Oct 13, 2010, 08:40:44 AM »
I have nothing against Fords..  I really do like mine..  Its just my luck...Hopefully it will be fixed tonight..  Cant wait to see pictures of your new one..  I'm sure you can get MOM to take one or two..  Or 3,4,5,6.. ;) ;) ;)  She sure likes that new camera.. ;D

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #172 on: Oct 13, 2010, 08:58:57 AM »
Maybe he didnt clear it with the wife first Raquette. ;D I seem to remember what he said when Cheeks wanted an ATV.LOL

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #173 on: Oct 13, 2010, 09:42:51 AM »
They are all the same...All the guys in the fire company are getting new vehicles. Chief got a dodge ram, LOL has been back to the dealer four times.
Something shorting in the dash, all the lights flash, the wipers come on, and the alarm goes off. He fixes it by slamming the dash with his fist.... ::)
First assistant got a Ford, that's going back for big dimples on the roof, and the dash lights go off and on.... ::)
Third assistant got a Ford, his was leaking fuel.... ::)
Fifth assistant got a Chevy, That has died twice driving down the road at 55mph. They think they know what he problem is... 8)
I can't make this stuff up...LOL 
My opinion on the matter usually upsets a bunch of people, the unions have coddled and protected useless workers in the auto industry to
a point where we turn out junk. The companies just want more sales on vehicles made cheaper. The employees just want more money, and benefits for
less work..... :(

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #174 on: Oct 13, 2010, 11:37:26 AM »
No pic's for a while Walter. It's on order, be here before christmas. Only way i could get a Pretty red one like drob's go fast car with what I wanted for option's ( Man step LOL).  Didn't have to run it by the wife either, Much worse than that. Bog truck so the Bog partner's have to approve.
Done with all the Diesel Crap that they are doing now. I don't ever get the investment back for the extra cost of the Engine and fuel difference. The black truck has never been back for anything in 5 years. I hope the new one is  built on a tuesday,wednesday or thursday.

Offline LIBERAL HATER

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #175 on: Oct 13, 2010, 12:20:41 PM »
sweet bog new truck!!  That will mean you will be in a good mood tomorrow at work

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #176 on: Oct 13, 2010, 12:22:34 PM »
Congratulations and good luck with it Bog...   Did you see the artical I posted on the Ethanol??

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #177 on: Oct 13, 2010, 12:27:08 PM »
Good luck with it Bog.... They can't all be bad.... ;D
At least with Diesel you don't have to worry about ethanol...

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #178 on: Oct 13, 2010, 04:02:53 PM »
Good luck with it Bog.... They can't all be bad.... ;D
At least with Diesel you don't have to worry about ethanol...

The new truck is rated for E85 so ethanol shouldn't be an issue I hope. That with an extended warranty for extra piece of mind won't hurt either. It seems like I am always ready when a new powertrain comes out though.

I won't be in a good mood until it's parked in the driveway so don't get your hope's up LH. Tommorrow I'm cracking the whip, no more Mr nice guy. ;D

halfrack33

« Reply #179 on: Oct 13, 2010, 04:11:20 PM »
Out of work... going to move yhe stand and check the camera. Looks like ill be guiding for the next couple weeks since I couldn't resist blowing my either sex tag on a doe. But the area can't handle too many bucks taken and needs some doe maintenance.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal