Author Topic: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.  (Read 1644496 times)

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
Re: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.
« Reply #15300 on: Mar 11, 2013, 07:44:30 PM »
your welcome 30 30....I found a second wind and am in the middle or redoing my kitchen counters.......We bought and old house and updated years ago and I am bored with the kitchen so now its time to paint and update the counters.....I just got back from lowes with all my stuff......so here we go....thank god hubby not home....he would not want to help but would feel obligated.....so while he working....I am building....sneaky sneaky......and this is the only way I belong in the kitchen.....I hate cooking but love to tinker with stuff
              Good for you, I bet you do good work. Send me some pics when you get it done. Tske a before & after pic.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #15301 on: Mar 11, 2013, 07:52:51 PM »
Get er done Looney........... ;D
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #15302 on: Mar 12, 2013, 03:51:26 AM »

Nice Nice that is sure going to keep you occupied for a little while Doreen & Sounds like fun  ;D ;D

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #15303 on: Mar 12, 2013, 07:42:31 AM »
Well I enjoy doing that kind of thing but.......I did get in a heap of trouble......the plywood was kinda heavy getting it out of the truck and putting in garage and when hubby spied it.........Utoh..........I got in a bit of trouble cause I moved it myself......and another project he doesnt want to be a part of.....so I told him not to be a part and leave me to it except help me get the board in the house....I can do the rest...I did get the front trim off last night and sanded down the edges so I can have a nice template to work off of.  I admit I hate my old kitchen but its all we have and its now time to update.  They are built ins so unless I totally put in new ones I have no choice but to build it from scratch.....so here I am......pullin my hair out.....

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #15304 on: Mar 12, 2013, 02:19:35 PM »

>:(  Girl oh Girl you better get some help with that heavy lifting  ;   ;D ;D  I love a women that takes that type of project head on sounds like you going to be fine  ;)

Offline CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
    • Rod Bender Charters, Lake George, NY
« Reply #15305 on: Mar 12, 2013, 08:21:29 PM »
Where is Augustus Gloop? ;D

Its always archery season. >>>---------->
Hybrid longbow in hand.

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #15306 on: Mar 13, 2013, 04:03:11 AM »
Got some run off there ....

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #15307 on: Mar 13, 2013, 07:58:47 AM »
Water is running for sure.....so is the sap....if they can get to it....the big operations with vacuum systems or gravity tubing type will do fine...those that have to collect buckets..not so much..
Sent my resume' in to DEC in Warrensburg... they need a person to answer phones with questions regarding hunting,fishing and trapping....doubt I would get it.....I don't have a degree.... ::) ::) ::)  Only a temp job at best anyways....

Offline peddler

• 10 Pointer
  • FREE DROBS
« Reply #15308 on: Mar 13, 2013, 08:01:39 AM »
Water is running for sure.....so is the sap....if they can get to it....the big operations with vacuum systems or gravity tubing type will do fine...those that have to collect buckets..not so much..
Sent my resume' in to DEC in Warrensburg... they need a person to answer phones with questions regarding hunting,fishing and trapping....doubt I would get it.....I don't have a degree.... ::) ::) ::)  Only a temp job at best anyways....

Good luck Scott.

Peddler  8) 8) 8)
Peddler

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
« Reply #15309 on: Mar 13, 2013, 08:59:33 AM »
            Good luck w/.the job search, It's gotta be tough w/all the people looking for work.

Offline lewk24

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #15310 on: Mar 13, 2013, 09:45:03 AM »
Yup. My workplace is laying off 40+ people...not good. My brother works in maintenance and the group of 9 was told that one of them was getting layed off tomorrow...very nerve racking times.

Luke

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #15311 on: Mar 13, 2013, 09:48:40 AM »
It sucks!! Life experience once mattered....now all anyone wants is a person who has a piece of paper....experience means one thing to companies....they might have to pay you more....the young person getting out of school will work for what ever you throw at them...they have loans to pay for....like us older more experienced people have no bills....sometimes easy to see why so many give up and go for disability or just let the government take care of them....we as a country have planted that seed...now when it is time for cultivation we find it shocking that the seed grew...
and yes...I'm grumpy today....probably will be tomorrow too.....

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #15313 on: Mar 13, 2013, 11:15:15 AM »
Dang!! And the new gun laws didn't stop it??? Almost time to hit the woods....

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #15314 on: Mar 13, 2013, 11:19:16 AM »
Shot my dads barber.... >:( >:(   He at least survived....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal