Author Topic: Canada Geese in Hayfields  (Read 7938 times)

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
Re: Canada Geese in Hayfields
« Reply #15 on: Jul 30, 2009, 05:41:37 AM »
thanks i might have to grab a dozen or two....just got my new macks pw catalog in the mail so i started looking for more things to spend money on  ::) ;D

Got mine, too.  I think I am going to be well-behaved, and just pick up a hat for myself, and a t-shirt for my 3 year old.   ;)
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline northrn-duck-assassin

• Forked
« Reply #16 on: Jul 30, 2009, 12:36:46 PM »
sillies work wonders in the feild hunts just keep an eye on them. i get them to glare alot, even on days were we have solid overcast but the sun is still trying. that small galre kicks them birds up faster than i can pull the trigger. now when everything comes together and i dont have a glare on the sillies. man what a hunt i get out of em. just pay attention. just like goose hunting in general, you have to pay attention to all details of the hunt. good luck though hope they wprk kell for you.

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #17 on: Jul 31, 2009, 12:39:05 AM »
Any good brand reccomendations at a decent price?? do they make ones with non-glare paint?

• Forked
« Reply #18 on: Aug 01, 2009, 04:25:49 PM »
me and alot of buddies use the webfoot real geese pro series. they do exceptional work on them and the sillies themself have proven to me time and time again. when you get into decoys they all generally are priced the same. and it sucks the price keeps goin up but the deeks kjeep getting better. check with your local cabelas they throw alot of stuff on sale just before season. my buddy picked some up last year that usually run $100 a box and you get 4 to a box but he picked the same ones up for $25 a box last year august just before season.

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #19 on: Aug 02, 2009, 12:11:46 AM »
thanks i am deff gonna pick up at least a dozen next time out to cabelas gettin pumped for the season already only got another month  ;D

• Forked
« Reply #20 on: Aug 02, 2009, 03:24:55 AM »
thats what i been tellin the guys..haha. went and built my blinds the other evening man they are lookin spectacular! talk about total concealment.. and the fact that i have 150-300 birds daily hitting this water hole. cant beat the urban hunting! hopefully i can get a few more days outta the early season on this pond last year they were shot out after the first 2 1/2 days. hope to get one maybe two more this year.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal