Author Topic: Archery  (Read 3677 times)

Offline Darby

• Forked
Archery
« on: Oct 05, 2022, 03:35:31 PM »
No one has anything yet?  First chance to get out since moose hunt.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
Re: Archery
« Reply #1 on: Oct 05, 2022, 04:05:38 PM »
Haven’t even been in Maine yet bc of prepping for the moose hunt next week. Shot a 8 pt. In NH thiugh
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline Darby

• Forked
« Reply #2 on: Oct 05, 2022, 05:16:33 PM »
Sweet, good luck.  Only seen moose in the roads in the dark past few weeks.  Hopefully they're still responding to calls, they should be

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #3 on: Oct 05, 2022, 05:21:26 PM »
Sweet, good luck.  Only seen moose in the roads in the dark past few weeks.  Hopefully they're still responding to calls, they should be

Hope so, I’m bringing a scapula and I’ll grunt a bit. Not sure if cow calls will seal the deal. Supposed to get snow tomorrow night and Friday. Saw plenty of sign last Saturday but never saw a Bull
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline Darby

• Forked
« Reply #4 on: Oct 24, 2022, 02:46:36 PM »
Ended up hitting a doe Friday night.  Hit her a little low.  Tracked for 3 hours Friday, and again for 2 hours on Saturday at daybreak.  She ended up in people's backyards that had been raked.  Walked in circles for an hour and a half.  First time I have ever lost a deer.  Really sucks.  Now at doctor's to get a shot of Dysosocline (sp) since the trouble got me 3 embedded deer ticks I must have missed.  Watch out, they are out in full force

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #5 on: Oct 24, 2022, 04:06:02 PM »
Ended up hitting a doe Friday night.  Hit her a little low.  Tracked for 3 hours Friday, and again for 2 hours on Saturday at daybreak.  She ended up in people's backyards that had been raked.  Walked in circles for an hour and a half.  First time I have ever lost a deer.  Really sucks.  Now at doctor's to get a shot of Dysosocline (sp) since the trouble got me 3 embedded deer ticks I must have missed.  Watch out, they are out in full force
Can you find out the name of the vaccination you got? I did not think there’s one approved yet.  I have been on antibiotics twice this summer and many times before . Been have been tested 3 times in the past and was full blown. 
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline Darby

• Forked
« Reply #6 on: Oct 24, 2022, 04:30:37 PM »
Not  a vaccine, rather a strong antibiotic if you catch in the first 72 hours.  200mg of Doxacycline.  Doctor wasn't too concerned since I got them out with head before engorged.  That sucks my man, hopefully you get better

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #7 on: Oct 24, 2022, 04:51:39 PM »
Yea that what I thought it was.
 Good luck with it.  I have learned a lot about it the past 10 years. It’s not fun..
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal