Author Topic: youth weekend  (Read 1385 times)

Offline bikrsrule

• 6 Pointer
youth weekend
« on: Oct 21, 2019, 04:13:35 AM »
Youth weekend coming up, I set up the ground blind for my granddaughter and I and we got her rifle shooting right on the money, lets hope for a nice big buck for her..She went 2 seasons ago and scored opening day, last year we didnt get quite so lucky. Hopefully pictures to follow next monday morning...

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
Re: youth weekend
« Reply #1 on: Oct 21, 2019, 04:50:17 AM »
Have fun Mark!
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline Huntnfish603

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Oct 21, 2019, 03:33:09 PM »
That's awesome. Good luck to her.

Offline bikrsrule

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Oct 27, 2019, 05:30:43 PM »
Youth weekend was quite eventful even though the freezer remains empty. Saturday eve a nice large deer came by at about 90 yds, my Granddaughter couldnt get the scope on it soon enough while it was standing still and it walked into the woods. Looked to me to be a large buck. Same spot this morning I had told her it would be back, well it did. At least a 8, very large body, 200 lb plus, 80 yds walking, it wouldnt stop with the grunt, time was of the essence so I told her to pick a spot when she had a shot, I do believe buck fever took over and she missed, buck didnt look hit, no blood, searched diligently for over a hour and no sign whatsoever..Maybe some would say she shouldnt have shot, you dont shoot you dont kill.. Well, I know that buck is still there and I have muzzle and rifle to give it a go.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #4 on: Oct 27, 2019, 05:43:36 PM »
Thats to bad but thats hunting...    I sat in the woods for a few years before I got my first one... :-\
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #5 on: Oct 27, 2019, 05:47:35 PM »
Go get em!

Offline bikrsrule

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Oct 27, 2019, 06:40:48 PM »
She understands that thats hunting , would have been her second deer if she would have scored..I am looking forward to meeting up with that brute again

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #7 on: Oct 27, 2019, 06:57:33 PM »
My kids didn’t want to go, I am fine with it knowing I’ve done my part. I have the best youth guns one can get and killer spots and setups with endless knowledge. They were both brought up thus far engrained in the outdoor life and are both great shots. I didn’t push the issue, dontvwant to steer them away. They are both all for it just didn’t care to go. Maybe someday.
« Last Edit: Oct 27, 2019, 06:58:39 PM by aquaassassin »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal