Author Topic: Zone 3 Moose Permit  (Read 378 times)

Offline vtpike

• Spiked
Zone 3 Moose Permit
« on: Jun 19, 18, 07:28:07 AM »
Came as a real surprise to me yesterday when my wife received in the Mail a zone 3 cow permit. Seems I was concentrating so much on looking for my name I missed hers being drawn!

Itís cow only in zone 3 for the late October season, and we are so fired up! Just starting the research today and I realize we have lots to do. But any thoughts, suggestions as to general location or techniques would be appreciated.

Wish us luck!

Offline teampar

• 6 Pointer
Re: Zone 3 Moose Permit
« Reply #1 on: Jun 19, 18, 04:36:22 PM »
Zone 3 is a large zone with plenty of moose. You definately will want to do some scouting prior too, many logging roads with cuts to investigate. I will be in the same zone in early October with a bull tag.😎
« Last Edit: Jun 20, 18, 07:23:28 AM by teampar »

Offline vtpike

• Spiked
« Reply #2 on: Jun 19, 18, 07:09:09 PM »
Thatís awesome teampar, congrats! If during my scouting we find a worthy critter Iíll reach out!

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #3 on: Jun 20, 18, 05:33:16 PM »
Zone 3 is a large zone with plenty of moose. You definately will want to do some scouting prior too, many logging roads with cuts to investigate. I will be in the same zone in early October with a bull tag.😎
Congrads on your draw  :) Plenty of Moose there & zone 2 . Vermont they don't think food keeps them around , Clear cutting a no no
here fish and game say's ticks a bunch of bull **** Look at your area clear cut's the glory moose pop. thriving  ...
O buy the way you still got my hat  :) :) :)

Offline teampar

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Jun 20, 18, 05:38:07 PM »
Thanks Chuck! It only took 35 years to get one.😀 You coming north this year deer hunting? If so and I happen to fill my tag we will have to meet up so I can send you to camp with some camp meat.😎

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #5 on: Jun 21, 18, 05:28:30 PM »
Thanks Chuck! It only took 35 years to get one.😀 You coming north this year deer hunting? If so and I happen to fill my tag we will have to meet up so I can send you to camp with some camp meat.😎
I sure am some where around 11/4 thru 11/17 had a fairy tale hunt last year  with Ernie hit a 4 or 6 pointer but wound up with
a 216 lb 8 pointer where he come from have no idea not 10 feet away . I sure would love to meat up anyway , Consider
it a get together for sure ....

Offline vtpike

• Spiked
« Reply #6 on: Jun 29, 18, 04:16:20 PM »
We have located a house on Long Lake in St. David, we are still super excited!!!

Any good recommendations on a game processor in that area. Be willing to travel in exchange for quality!!

Offline teampar

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Jun 29, 18, 07:01:00 PM »
We have located a house on Long Lake in St. David, we are still super excited!!!

Any good recommendations on a game processor in that area. Be willing to travel in exchange for quality!!

I am using Joe Chasse but he is in Fort Fairfield which is a little over an hour from where your staying. He does a great job. He is .70lb on the hoof with free skinning. If you want his # let me know. Whom ever you decide you want to set it up quickly as spots fill up fast.

Offline vtpike

• Spiked
« Reply #8 on: Jun 29, 18, 08:10:35 PM »

Appreciate the guidance so far team par, yes send me his number if you could, thanks!

Offline teampar

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: Jun 29, 18, 08:19:05 PM »
Appreciate the guidance so far team par, yes send me his number if you could, thanks!
[/quotE

PM sent

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
2004- © MyHuntingForum.com
All Rights Reserved