Author Topic: Hick's Pic's (Trapping Season )  (Read 58014 times)

Offline Squirrel

• 8 Pointer
Re: Hicks Pic's (buck down)
« Reply #45 on: Oct 01, 2012, 08:23:24 AM »
wow cant believe I missed this thread great pics of the goose hunting and a nice buck for your bride congrats to you both, keep it up
known as "waterwolf603" on MFF and "coldsteel" on ice shanty

Offline hickgtx600f4

• 8 Pointer
Re: Hicks Pic's ( bird'in )
« Reply #46 on: Oct 04, 2012, 10:00:59 PM »
Thanks for all the great comments. went for a walk today and ended up with my first bird for the season. YUMM !!

« Last Edit: Oct 04, 2012, 10:03:15 PM by hickgtx600f4 »

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
Re: Hicks Pic's ( Bird'in )
« Reply #47 on: Oct 06, 2012, 08:12:53 AM »

Yummm indeed  ;D ;D
I am entitled to possess technology equal to that of those who would threaten my liberties.  - "Wizzard of Bog"
  Hunting is a sport and supposed to be fun, and anything that takes that out of the equation I oppose with all of my being.

Offline hickgtx600f4

• 8 Pointer
Re: Hicks Pic's ( trappin )
« Reply #48 on: Dec 02, 2012, 02:05:47 PM »
well so far this season i have had a rather good season. I am only putting out sets on our own property so the action is rather slow. llike they say you have to have the fur to be able to catch them. a few beavers, a coon early on and then a grey fox in a leg hold. always said that if i ever get a Fisher i'm gonna get it mounted. Well looks like i''m headed to the taxidermist. last week i went out to run the trap line on my birthday and found an otter in one of my 330 sets. never thought i would catch one of them either. Taxidermist is gonna love me this year. a few pic's.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #49 on: Dec 02, 2012, 02:12:18 PM »
Good job Hick...   Whats that gun your shooting there??
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline hickgtx600f4

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #50 on: Dec 02, 2012, 02:24:33 PM »
That was an old Harrington and Richardson 20ga that my father handed down to me. it was his favorite gun for deer and grouse. watched him many times take the head off a grouse with a slug at 20yds. took this pic to show him while he was in the hospital to help him cheer up. it worked. he cant wait to come home and run the trap line with me for old time sake.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #51 on: Dec 02, 2012, 02:46:08 PM »
That is so cool.... I love it................   H and R's are now made by Remington....  Glad they kept them around..  My kid has a HnR 410....
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline Cornbread

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #52 on: Dec 02, 2012, 03:34:17 PM »
Cool trapping pics!

Here in MT we are banned from taking pics before the animal is dispatched and we get fined pretty stiff if they catch us with that kind of photos and we can lose our license for several years as well. After they are dead it is fine to take pics. I guess it has to do with the anti-trappers getting a hold of the pics online when people post them, but it just makes for way to much govt regulation of my way of making side money if you ask me. I would love to be able to take some good pics and frame them for my cabin but I don't want to risk losing my trapping license and getting fined to do it :(

Offline brace

• 10 Pointer
  • Is it Friday yet??
« Reply #53 on: Dec 02, 2012, 03:41:22 PM »
Awesome pics -  Well done on the grey and fisher!!
   Nil Carborundum Illigetimi

Offline chuckrudy

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #54 on: Dec 02, 2012, 04:26:07 PM »
Beautiful looking pictures. 
no information

Offline TallywackahME

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #55 on: Dec 02, 2012, 04:29:58 PM »
jeez cornbread, no offense to your state but i wouldnt wanna be an outdoorsman there. have to be on eggs shells all the time.

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
Re: Hicks Pic's ( bird'in )
« Reply #56 on: Dec 02, 2012, 04:57:09 PM »
Thanks for all the great comments. went for a walk today and ended up with my first bird for the season. YUMM !!

:o   OH MY  ;  What you carrying there looks like an oldie there & nice looking supper as well   ;D ;D

Offline Cornbread

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #57 on: Dec 02, 2012, 04:58:37 PM »
jeez cornbread, no offense to your state but i wouldnt wanna be an outdoorsman there. have to be on eggs shells all the time.

Yeah it is getting pretty ridiculous with all the new regs and laws they have been passing. Somebody needs to get it through FWP's head that you can't legislate ethics, and they need to stop trampling all over our ability to enjoy Montana. e.g. we can't use trail cams, can't feed wildlife in any way shape or form even in the off season, this includes bird feeders which is ridiculous, can't take pics of trapped animals, can't use live bait when fishing, the list goes on and on and on and on, I am about ready to just say scr3w it and move to Alaska it is getting so stupid.

Offline eyehi

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #58 on: Dec 02, 2012, 05:10:56 PM »
Nice group of pictures hick...... I saw a few fisher mounts at three rivers taxidermy in morley last week..... He does an awesome job making the animal appear living in natural habitat.... Wish i took a few pics when i was there..... Who does your taxidermy hick ?

Offline hickgtx600f4

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #59 on: Dec 02, 2012, 06:51:08 PM »
Thanks for the kind comments everyone .

Who does your taxidermy hick ?
Backwoods has done the wife's grouse and i was pleased with the outcome since its head was nearly off. Her buck is there now and when i get the pelts sealed i will drop them off to be done. dec didn't have any fisher seals and just called me on friday and said they were in. So sometime this week we'll be dropping them off.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal