Author Topic: Photo Journal of my season  (Read 7556 times)

Offline eyehi

• 12 Pointer
Re: Photo Journal of my season
« Reply #15 on: Dec 19, 2011, 10:26:59 AM »
nice pics gump....how many acres do u own ?

Offline stickandstring1234

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #16 on: Dec 19, 2011, 10:30:29 AM »
awsome Pics!! i love that cabin im kinda jealous!!

Offline Spikehorn11

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #17 on: Dec 20, 2011, 10:00:18 AM »
Great pics!!

Offline THEOZON

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #18 on: Dec 20, 2011, 10:16:53 AM »
How ya take those B and W photos with Orange in them?? love them.

USE WHAT YA GOT TO GET WHAT YA NEED !

Offline TR19

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #19 on: Dec 20, 2011, 02:21:41 PM »
Great recap Gump. Congrats on a great year.

Offline gump

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #20 on: Dec 20, 2011, 06:55:27 PM »
Thanks for the compliments guys.

nice pics gump....how many acres do u own ?

The cabin is on 5 acres of old overgrown vineyard above Keuka Lake.  Best investmant I have ever made.  Blindly stumbled upon it about 8 years ago and got a great deal.   put a driveway in the first year.  Second year, paid to have the cabin shell built and my wife and I have taken the rest from there.  The land isn't much, but for my father, myself and a guest, we can put 3 guys in stands out back during archery.  Being thicker and scrubby, it just happens to be a funnel between the open hardwoods and open fields of the surrounding lands.  I really just sit there on occasion during the rut when it is not uncommon, when the conditons are right, to see a couple if not several bucks a day 'trolling' the thickets for Mrs. Right.  I am very lucky to have a neighbor with a camp and 30 more acres next to me that enjoys hunting as well.  We have a mutual "mi casa, su casa" relationship and can hunt each others land upon request.  That said, during gun (even archery) it is too tight for more than a guy or two and I am fortunate to have over 10.000 acres of state land over several state forests within 15-20 minutes of the cabin.  This is where more often than not we do most of our hunting even during the archery season.  However, on days I am lazy, it its nice to know I can roll out of bed and still be in a stand behind the cabin in 5 minutes...LOL ;)

As a kid that grew up in the suburbs of Rochester with nowhere to hunt, my poor father did what he could do to get on land here and there to get me into hunting.  We often hopped here and there whenever we could get access, but nothing steady, and because of that never shot many deer.  It was from that point, I promised myself that I would do whatever i could  to someday have a 'camp'  of our own.  No frills at the cabin, but that is the way we like it.  No electric, woodstove for heat, cook on propane, and bought a porta-potty for an outhouse.  It didn't break the bank and it is a place we can call our own.  I actually now am fortunate to have a bunch of connections and invites to hunt properties filthy with deer and much larger bucks, in the rich farmlands on the outskirts of Rochester, but year in and year out, i will drive an hour past them to be at our place.  Something about deer camp.  I count my blessings everyday......

How ya take those B and W photos with Orange in them?? love them.

There is an editing tool on photobucket that allows you to do that.  The original pictures where taken in color.  The tool turns them to B & W and then you can select the areas you want to return the color to....

Offline EagleCrag

• Nubbie
« Reply #21 on: Dec 20, 2011, 07:26:36 PM »
Nice pics and thanks for sharing.  Looks like you have a really neat place and some good cameradrie going on there.

Offline eyehi

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #22 on: Dec 20, 2011, 10:21:13 PM »
good for u gump...congrats on your own place u are right theres nothing like having your own place

Offline Issiah

• 12 Pointer
    • Hunting, Fishing and Trapping New York
« Reply #23 on: Dec 21, 2011, 03:56:05 AM »
Great Pics   You have a bit of an artistic side...

Offline ramrod

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #24 on: Dec 21, 2011, 04:38:33 AM »
good story gump.  :)   just proves that the harvest is one of the smallest slices of the hunting pie.  ;D   

If vegetarians love animals so much, why do they eat all their food?   

Offline mschott

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #25 on: Dec 21, 2011, 07:19:48 AM »
great pics and story thanks for sharing
Bad decisions make for good stories !

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #26 on: Dec 21, 2011, 04:36:48 PM »
Nothing better than "camp" as far as I'm concerned. You have a great one.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #27 on: Dec 21, 2011, 04:56:00 PM »
nice pics : awesome looking camp that's a mansion great place to relaxe

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal