Author Topic: Prarie Goats/Montana  (Read 3607 times)

Offline tk10fire

• 6 Pointer
  • I love stick and string
Prarie Goats/Montana
« on: Feb 20, 2005, 11:48:08 PM »
Here is a pic of my hunt to Montana in 04. There were 4 if us hunting and all taged out. It was a great hunt and I'd give more of story and more pics but I'm having a problem with my computer and Its just not working right so here is one picture.

He score 65 boone and crocket. Not a "booner" but one of the biggest ones we saw out there.

OH TO BE A FIELD

Offline blue igloo

• 6 Pointer
  • "we don't remember days....only moments"
Re: Prarie Goats/Montana
« Reply #1 on: Mar 11, 2005, 04:53:37 AM »
Great pic  8)
I've never went for pronghorns  :'(
I wonder how it is crossing the border to hunt since 9/11 ?
How long did you're hunt last ?
Do it yourself or guided ?
Expensive ?
How was the meat ?
Just curious  ;D
"we don't remember days....only moments"

Offline tk10fire

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Mar 11, 2005, 10:59:04 PM »
Hey blue igloo you'd have a blast.

Crossing boarder with the appropriate paper work namely your ATF form and licenses  took us approx 2 min. We crossed at Tolstoi.

Hunt lasted 3 days, could have tagged out on the first day but wanted to make a hunt of it.

Do it yourself. Get in contact with a rancher and pay a 200$ access fee onto 10000 acres.

The cost is very reasonable. We could have done it for under a 1000$ Can. Including everything except taxidermy fees.

The meat is very good not much of it but very good
OH TO BE A FIELD

Offline Wapati

• Spiked
« Reply #3 on: Mar 16, 2005, 01:42:39 PM »
Any of you guys that are interested in hunting Proghorns need to look me up. I live in Central Wyoming and 90% of North Americas Pronghorn population live within a 150 mile radius of my house. I can get you set up on plenty of public land with chances at Boone and Crocket bucks. Why pay a rancher a $200 access fee which just adds to the price of your hunt? We have plenty of Prarie Goats and I would be more than happy to help anyone who is interested.

Wapati (IceShanty=IceTroll)

Nothing like the Bugle of a bull Elk on a cool September morning to raise the hair on the back of your neck.

Offline tk10fire

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Mar 16, 2005, 11:41:06 PM »
You can bet I'll keep your name in mind Wapati. We were actualy planning on going to Wyoming next time. All we saw where we were was 13s and smaller. would like to get a 15 or bigger.

Think the deadline for the draw for nonresidence is over for this year and my hunting partners and I are hoping to go for the wapati up here with bow this year.

but no question will keep you in mind.

keep in touch how it was this year for the goats.
OH TO BE A FIELD

Offline Wapati

• Spiked
« Reply #5 on: Mar 21, 2005, 02:35:18 PM »
Will do tk10fire. I expect another good year although the drought has not been a friend to us in recent years. Last year I shot a buck that scored just a tad over 80" and just missed the book. My dad and a buddy of mine shot two 79 inchers. My other buddy shot an 83 inch booner in the Red Desert area. There was plenty of good goats shot last year with the biggest one I saw going 87". I will try and get some pictures posted of some of our goats from last season.

Wapati
Nothing like the Bugle of a bull Elk on a cool September morning to raise the hair on the back of your neck.

Offline tk10fire

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Mar 23, 2005, 11:51:39 PM »
Thanks Wapati. Those are some pretty nice goats. Sure looking forward to the pics.
OH TO BE A FIELD

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal