Author Topic: The Easter Yote?  (Read 1829 times)

Offline shrub

• 6 Pointer
  • out looking for the big one
The Easter Yote?
« on: Apr 08, 2007, 02:11:08 PM »
So i was sitting up in my room today when i heard my mom yelling that there was a coyote walking though the backyard with a deer leg in its mouth. so i grabbed the 30-30 and some ammo off the gun rack and ran out side but by the time me and my old man got out act together it was to late. so i decided to go find the rest of the deer it had killed. my mom said that it was comming from the general direction of the highway so i grabbed a 12 gauge with slugs instead of the rifle and went searching. i found a bunch of tracks, blood and urine and then i found this pile of hair.

and then  the ribcage

and then the hide

all this was found  about 75 yards into the woods from my front yard. i have the 30-30  leaning in the corner in the dining room incase the yote comes back 8)
i wanted to bleach the deer skull but my mom wont let me use any of her pots. :'(
I didnt reach the top of the food chain to be a vegatarin!!!!

Offline Wisc.whitetailer

• Nubbie
Re: The Easter Yote?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 08, 2007, 08:32:14 PM »
 get youself a 5 gallon metal pail  build a small fire in the back yard and boil away.

Offline bwhunter2417

• Forked
« Reply #2 on: Apr 09, 2007, 08:52:53 AM »
never tried it, but i know some guys who bury their skulls for a few weeks or months and they let the little creatures underground clean it up real nice... if you are going to boil the skull, put a lot of dish soap in the pot, it will help the fatty tissue and membrane come off the skull easier, also it cuts down on the smell and makes the pot easier to clean
« Last Edit: Apr 09, 2007, 08:55:17 AM by bwhunter2417 »
When in doubt....BACK OUT

trespassers BEWARE of flying objects.... they may be bullets

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
« Reply #3 on: Apr 10, 2007, 03:18:08 PM »
don't use bleach it weakens the bones!  Bury the skull for a few months then dig it up and set it in the sun for a few days. I've done that with all my skulls (45 skulls representing 10 different species) and they have all turned out great.
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline shrub

• 6 Pointer
  • out looking for the big one
« Reply #4 on: Apr 10, 2007, 07:09:52 PM »
we looks like i wont get the chance to try it, went back yesterday afternoon to ge the skull and that whole rib cage/spine/skull section was gone :'( all that was left was the hide.
I didnt reach the top of the food chain to be a vegatarin!!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal