Author Topic: White Faced Deer  (Read 6289 times)

Offline Scott

• Administrator
  • 6 Pointer
  • zzz zzz zzz
White Faced Deer
« on: Aug 27, 2004, 08:24:19 PM »
Took a ride down to a game farm right down the road from me. Guy has a couple of buck fawns with white faces I wanted to see, pretty kewl.  8) He could only find one of the fawns the other stayed in hiding. He also has some real nice bucks that were originally from Canada.

-Scott
« Last Edit: Sep 14, 2017, 03:41:01 PM by Scott »

Offline Out4Trout

• 8 Pointer
  • Out4Bucks in November
Re: White Faced Deer
« Reply #1 on: Aug 27, 2004, 09:16:00 PM »
Nice pictures, thanks for posting. A friend of mine has started raising red deer. He started with one buck and 9 pregnant does. I think he's got around 30 or so now after 4 years. They don't seem to be as tame as the ones in your pictures though. It's amazing how fast they will graze down an area. He has just opened up another field. Probably has 25 - 30 acres of field and woods fenced off total.

Offline Scott

• Administrator
  • 6 Pointer
  • zzz zzz zzz
« Reply #2 on: Aug 27, 2004, 09:28:43 PM »
I guess these were so tame because of bottle feeding. Sure was neat to actually pet one. There was another pen with other bucks, one was a nice 8 point with 3 drop tines, these weren't bottle fed, couldn't even get a picture of those.

-Scott

Offline The Smokestick Kid

• 6 Pointer
  • When the hammer drops, the B.S. stops!
« Reply #3 on: Aug 28, 2004, 12:02:28 AM »
I have a pet whitetail doe named Gabby. Shes a sweety. She comes up and kisses my face like a dog, and when its hot, she eats popsicles off the stick. We had to obtain a breeders permit from the NYS Dept. of Ag. Then we bought her and another fawn from a farm in Silver Creek, NY (just south of Buffalo). The other fawn died after a few weeks, due to intestional blockage. Deer are very coolpets. We decided to get a doe first, but next year we're getting a couple bucks, as well as some more doe fawns.

Those piebald fawns are really cute.

-Zach

Offline SDpheasant

• Forked
« Reply #4 on: Nov 26, 2004, 08:03:36 PM »
thats cool. ive had dreams about raising deer. maybe when im older ;D

Offline sunfishkid

• Forked
« Reply #5 on: Dec 10, 2006, 07:28:06 PM »
that's a nice doe. :o