MyHuntingForum Main > General Hunting Discussion
swimmers
(1/3) > >>
mcully:
Did anyone see two buck swimming in Skaneatleles lake yesterday? Friend was pulling his boat at the state launch and came up on two big buck swimming from west to east side of the lake. Of course he didn't have a camera.
adkRoy:
That would have made a great picture!
DeerReaver:
About 3 years back, my father, uncle, and I where lake trout fishing on Canandaigua when we saw a four point swimming across the lake.  When it saw our boat, it actually started swimming in our direction (probably disoriented).  It quickly redirected when it realized we were not land...swam to actual Terra firma and got out.  Probably the most bizarre behavior I've ever seen...swamps, creeks/rivers, ponds I can understand...but a lake?!?! ???
FrankM:
My uncle and I were fishing at Raystown Dam about 15 years ago on a hot summer day.  We were pulling the boat up on the trailer at the boat launch when a doe came across a nearby field to the lake shore, jumped in, swam in circles for about 5 minutes, then climbed out and walked back across the field to the woods.  She must have been hot and wanted an afternoon swim.
mcully:
While duck hunting Sandy Pond some time back we saw a 4 point swim from the south shore to the north. Watched him through binos and he made good time. I just thought it really strange to have two and from his hand gestures they weren't small either. He thought it was a tree branch floating.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version