MyHuntingForum Main > General Hunting Discussion
Looking for honest opinions
(1/8) > >>
Pikeguy:
Ok, I'm sure this has been brought up before, but it's a new season with new thoughts and new members....So, I just bought a Parker Hornet 2 plus bow. It has a Schaffer fall away rest on it, and after talking about it with Archbishop I get the feeling that the noise it is making >:( is caused by the rest. Anyways, I have been entertaining the thought of putting a Whisker Bisquit on for a while, but before I do, I'd love to get  everyone's honest opinion of these rests if you've tried them. Accuracy, longevity NOISE?? Lets hear your thoughts please. Thanks in advance

Adam
archbishop:
well you already know how i feel, but as far as longevity, i had mine for 3 years before replacing,. but i was shooting almost everyday year round, it was still accurate i was just loosing some of the strands, i wanted to get a new one before i needed one, also you dont have to buy the whole thing, just the circle. there really inexpensive
flockshot:
drop away drop away drop away...thats my honest opinion....

now thats not saying im no a fan of the wisker biscuit..because id be lying if i said that..but drop aways allow the best possible bow performance..period...what i would suggest would be to look at the top gun phantom or drop zone by trophy ridge. or have a few put on to your bow..and shoot them..most shops will let you do this...the whisker biscuit is a good rest....especially for a super shaky hunter...its a load and forget item...but drop aways are "perfomance superior". you cant argue that...

glad to hear you went with a parker..sweet bows..sweet price...happy hunting man.

adam..from MI
Pikeguy:

--- Quote from: flockshot on Aug 15, 2006, 07:33:53 AM ---drop away drop away drop away...thats my honest opinion....

now thats not saying im no a fan of the wisker biscuit..because id be lying if i said that..but drop aways allow the best possible bow performance..period...what i would suggest would be to look at the top gun phantom or drop zone by trophy ridge. or have a few put on to your bow..and shoot them..most shops will let you do this...the whisker biscuit is a good rest....especially for a super shaky hunter...its a load and forget item...but drop aways are "perfomance superior". you cant argue that...

glad to hear you went with a parker..sweet bows..sweet price...happy hunting man.

adam..from MI

--- End quote ---

I got the Parker for 325 bucks after I traded my PSE Durango. It's a bow someone bought and had Scheels set up, then decided they couldn't afford it..so I got a good deal. I actually don't mind the Schaffer drop away rest that's on it..but the bow..for being new...is loud. The Schaffer rest makes contact with the riser which I think is causing the noise. I'm concerned with the amount of sound I get when shooting this bow and am willing to sacrifice the little bit of performance for the quietness if a whisker bisquit might help.
OTIS:
I had an older two prong rest with an overdraw before I replaced it with a whisker biscuit last summer.  I loved my old rest, but it died and I wanted something newer.  I was hesitant to go with a whisker bisquit, but after talking with a lot of people I figured I'd give it a shot.  I like the whisker bisquit, but I do not think it is as accurate as my old rest.  I have a 2" group at 25 yards, and I am not sure if it's just me or the whisker bisquit but every once in a while I'll get one about 6-8 inches out of the group.  I never used to have this problem.  It is a quality product and relatively inexpensive as far as rests go.  If I were you I'd try using some mole hair to quiet the rest you have.  If it isn't broken stick with it.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version