MyHuntingForum Main > General Hunting Discussion
Nebraska Whitetail
(1/3) > >>
hesseltine32:
Went to Eastern Nebraska opening week of deer season camped out and hunted public land.  Ended up being a pretty tough hunt with 90 degree weather, really bad chiggers, and tons of standing dry corn and yellowing beans. Deer were pretty much bedding and feeding in the corn. Just about all the deer we saw were coming out of the standing corn. If I came out here again I would wait till late October early November when a lot of the crops will be out be a completely different ball game.

Ended up having a 8 pointer come in on the 4th night and I decided to take it as it was the second buck I had seen in range during the trip and by far the biggest.

Still amazed by how big the deers bodies are here seems not uncommon to shoot deer over the 300 lb range here. This buck dressed out at 208 lbs my second buck to go over 200 first with a bow.

CAPTJJ:
Nice buck Cody. What area were you hunting? I want to get out to the panhandle for deer at some point, used to be mostly mulies out there but the whitetail population was growing.
buckblaster:
Nice public land buck! Congrats
joe snag:
Awsome Buck,,,congrats.
Green Mountian Hunter:
Way to go Cody
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version