Author Topic: Bear Season  (Read 2150 times)

Offline walleymaster96

• 6 Pointer
Bear Season
« on: Mar 31, 2019, 01:55:49 AM »
Hello everyone,
its been a long time since ive posted on here, don't know if anyone even remembers me.
anyway, I am just looking for tips and tricks on bear hunting in upstate. I get out of the Marine Corps this September just in time for bear season.
so I have all the time In the world to get a bear this year and I want to make it happen. so if anyone can help me out with that id much appreciate it. I'm not looking for spots or anything like that. just what to look for and any tips really.

thank you in advance.

Online Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
Re: Bear Season
« Reply #1 on: Mar 31, 2019, 06:15:55 AM »
Thanks for your service thats a good reason not to post...     ;)    ;D
Most bear shot in NY are shot by deer hunters that happen to be in the right spot at the right time.  And those who ileagley bait.   >:(
You might get ahold of DEC and find out where the highest numbers are in your area...
Hope someone else can be more helpful...
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline Deadeyez

• 6 Pointer
  • Bow Hunting Addict
« Reply #2 on: Mar 31, 2019, 03:01:35 PM »
Welcome back to the forum walleymaster. And big thank you for your service to our country 🇺🇸 I only deer hunt so I’m not much help in the bear hunting department. Please keep everyone posted on your progress and update your story on this thread!
THWWWACK         Never Back Up Never Back Down

Offline SlickRockHounds

• Forked
« Reply #3 on: Apr 01, 2019, 04:36:46 PM »
Hello everyone,
its been a long time since ive posted on here, don't know if anyone even remembers me.
anyway, I am just looking for tips and tricks on bear hunting in upstate. I get out of the Marine Corps this September just in time for bear season.
so I have all the time In the world to get a bear this year and I want to make it happen. so if anyone can help me out with that id much appreciate it. I'm not looking for spots or anything like that. just what to look for and any tips really.

thank you in advance.

where are you hunting? or planning on hunting? that will narrow down your spots to hunt and technique

Offline walleymaster96

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Apr 01, 2019, 11:18:48 PM »
thanks guys, I will keep everyone posted of my seasons progress here. and ill be hunting the southern half of 5H this season for bear.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal