Author Topic: Guns Don't Kill People  (Read 1941 times)

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
Guns Don't Kill People
« on: Sep 19, 2013, 11:06:02 AM »

LETTER: Guns Don't Kill People, Etc.

March 19, 2013

Yesterday I placed my shotgun on the front porch, gave it six shells, and noticing it had no legs, placed it in a wheelchair to help it get around. I left it alone and went about my business.

While I was gone, the mailman delivered my mail, the boy across the street picked up my yard, a girl walked her dog down the street, and quite a few cars stopped at the stop sign ne

After 10 hours, I checked on the shotgun. It was still sitting in the wheelchair. It had not rolled outside and It had not killed anyone in spite of many opportunities that had been presented. It had not even loaded itself.

Can you imagine how surprised I was with all the hype about how dangerous guns are and how they kill people? Either the media is wrong and the killing is by people misusing guns or I'm in possession of the laziest gun in the world. So now I'm off to check on my spoons, because I hear they make people fat.

Donald K. Martin, Windsor Locks

Offline chez

• Forked
Re: Guns Don't Kill People
« Reply #1 on: Sep 19, 2013, 11:53:39 AM »
YOU HIT THE NAIL RIGHT ON THE HEAD 3030.gOOD LUCK WIYH THOSE SPOONS. ;)

Offline rebelss

• Forked
  • Gun control is using both hands
« Reply #2 on: Sep 19, 2013, 01:40:19 PM »
Right on, Jeff.
After the shooting this week at the Navy yard in SE Washington, I wonder how Biden feels now after his stupid comment on February 19th of this year concerning guns...that you don't need to carry pistols for defense, that all you need to do is "take 2 shots with a (double barelled) shotgun...fire two blasts....in the air...I promise you whoever is coming in is not going to..." this was concerning his rally for a ban on "assault type" and semi-automatice weapons. We all know the nutjob at the Navy yard used a Remington 870 with double -ought buck. If they wanna shoot, they'll find a weapon. Just sayin....

PS....I put all those spoons in my gun lockbox. Now I'm worried about those pointy forks...
« Last Edit: Sep 19, 2013, 01:42:53 PM by rebelss »

Offline stonecat

• Spiked
« Reply #3 on: Sep 19, 2013, 04:34:51 PM »
300 years here....guns everywhere.A gun over the door,in the corner,on an open gun rack on the wall, in the truck.Kids had guns,you could buy guns out of the Sears catalog.The corner store sold shells. :o Those guns turned bad?What's really changed and why do they only point to GUNS as the problem?

Offline joe snag

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • I will Stand and Salute the American Flag always
« Reply #4 on: Sep 19, 2013, 05:12:34 PM »
5 gallons of gasoline in the Bronx supper club in 1990----165 dead,,not one shot fired...uhhh

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal