Author Topic: permission to hunt  (Read 1063 times)

Offline whitetailfreak10990

• 6 Pointer
permission to hunt
« on: Jul 25, 2012, 10:54:48 AM »
how would you guys go bout trying to get permission to hunt on someones land.
chris

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
Re: permission to hunt
« Reply #1 on: Jul 25, 2012, 10:58:09 AM »
first off ask permission, when going to the owner make sure you say mr and mrs and look your best in everyday clothes.  Also tell them you can help with stuff around their house or offer to walk their land and clean up litter and stuff.  That is what I do every month for a guy who lets me hunt his property.........expect alot of no's but you will get a nice yes as well.......I just introduced myself......told them what my intent was....what I hunt and what I can do to help the population out and them as well............it works

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #2 on: Jul 25, 2012, 11:09:06 AM »
Yep, Go knock on the door. Don't be afraid to offer to help out around the property as loony said. Just introduce yourself, be polite even if you get a no. Never know when a property owner will change their mind.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #3 on: Jul 25, 2012, 12:00:32 PM »
All great advise, another reason to be polite is one property owner may know another. Also go start asking and making relations now don't wait because everyone else is going to wait to and that same owner may start getting so many people asking it will put a bad taste in his mouth for the late guys. Never go knock on the door to ask in camo and don't go at bad times of day ( dinner etc. ) Keep relations with them all year don't just use them for a few weeks in the Fall. Stop in now and then throughout the year, if you harvest something bring some to them, bring them fish in the winter etc.
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline whitetailfreak10990

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Jul 25, 2012, 03:14:12 PM »
1 for 1 in getting yes. real nice old timer said yes for hunting only with bow no rifle. saw a nice 10 pointer there yesterday. learned alot about my ten in the 40 mins i tlked to him then my whole schooling career in this town
chris

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
« Reply #5 on: Jul 25, 2012, 05:32:54 PM »

There you go, you talked w/the landowner & you got a nice place to hunt, just abide by his rules & you should have a good hunt. Good luck! ;D

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #6 on: Jul 25, 2012, 05:40:12 PM »
Yep : Abide by his rules you will be all set four life , Make him happy and you will get more in the future  ;) :) :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal