Hunting by Game/Technique > Bowhunting

Nice Curves

(1/66) > >>

CAPTJJ:
Decided last fall that I was going to start shooting recurves again, been thinking about it for a few years. Spent this winter getting together the gear I need, and a lot of time watching eBay auctions. I picked up some new Martin recurves from 40-50 lbs to hunt with; found some good deals around christmas waiting for the right auctions to bid.

I waited the longest(after sending a couple damaged ones back) to find a nice one piece recurve that has a light draw and longer length to start out with and work on good form. Ended up with a really nice Bear Tartar target recurve, 66" long, 28# @ 28"(should be 30lbs for my DL). They made these from 1968-72, this one is a '68 according to the serial number; has a copper Bear medallion. Bow is the same age as me, it's in better shape.;D Need to get a string and fletch up some arrows and I'll be shooting it soon, good year for an early Spring.

aquaassassin:
NICE!

stickandstring1234:
thats what im talkin about!!! nice!!

jlaclair:
nice I have a bow like that, but no string...and it is heavier to pull, idk if I can even string it because it has been unstrung for some time and I would like to hunt with it...

CAPTJJ:
Here's my old bow, haven't shot it in over 25 years. I found out(saw a similar one up for auction) that this one was made in Danbury, CT in the 60s by Clad Owens owner of the United States Archery Co; 62", 43#@28". Unfortunately it has a slightly twisted limb, probably can be fixed but for now it is a wall hanger, the wood is beautiful.

Need to take some pics of the new ones.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version