Hunting by Game/Technique > Bowhunting

Release Vs. Fingers

(1/5) > >>

Fishboy899:
Who use's a release to shoot and who use's their fingers?  I tried using my fingers last year while I was practicing and I just didn't like it.  I liked shooting with the release better it just felt more comfortable to me.

The Smokestick Kid:
Personally, I prefer to shoot with my fingers...but then again, I've grown up shooting fingers. I guess I could get used to a release, but it would take some getting used to.

-Zach

sbfpa_Mike:
I like the release,  but more important,  a release is a lot more accurate!!!  When you use fingers,  your string goes an inch out befroe it goes straight.  That would make it very hard to shoot the same way every time.  You MUST shoot the same way every time to be accurate.

Fishboy899:
Yeh I agree with you Mike but if you are good and have shot with your fingers for a while like Zach has I think you can be accurate.  What type of release do you use and do you shoot of the string?  I use a release with ball bearings and I love it and I shoot off of the string not off a loop.  Does shooting off a loop make you more accurate?

sbfpa_Mike:
I use a loop for 2 reasons;  First,  I have a short bow and the release  (old TM Hunter)  would really pinch the nock.  Second,  My serving would start to seperate for the above reasons.  I don't think the loop really makes much of a difference except that you lose about and inch of draw.  This can cause you to lose some speed.  I am not big on speed,  I like fast, but I am not hung up on it.  Speed causes more errors.  My opinion,  everyone shooting a compound bow should be using a release.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version