Author Topic: This pisses me off!  (Read 5542 times)

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
This pisses me off!
« on: Apr 13, 2013, 02:09:30 PM »
I went trout fishing this afternoon and found this illegally disposed of deer carcass right by the bridge and creek. Looks like someone cut the antlers out of the skull and dumped the body.

Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline hesseltine32

• 12 Pointer
  • Run and Gun
Re: This pisses me off!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 13, 2013, 02:21:04 PM »
How do you know the deer wasn't hit by a car an someone cut the horns off. I see that a lot.  But unfortunately I have seen what you said and that's just sad.  Catch any fish ?
« Last Edit: Apr 13, 2013, 02:38:09 PM by hesseltine32 »

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #2 on: Apr 13, 2013, 03:57:46 PM »

Happens all the time and way to often up this way as well   >:(

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
« Reply #3 on: Apr 13, 2013, 06:57:27 PM »
How do you know the deer wasn't hit by a car an someone cut the horns off. I see that a lot.  But unfortunately I have seen what you said and that's just sad.  Catch any fish ?

It was right at a pull off next to the bridge. The carcass was on a strip of land between the creek and the guard rail that was only 4 feet wide. Would have been a heck of a spot to get hit and die. Plus this spot in the road you cannot go fast as its a 1 lane bridge at the bottom of a hill just around a curve. No, this looks like a dumped carcass.
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline hesseltine32

• 12 Pointer
  • Run and Gun
« Reply #4 on: Apr 13, 2013, 08:30:36 PM »
thats just a shame

Offline TallywackahME

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Apr 14, 2013, 12:43:48 PM »
that's too bad. I just went for a 5 hour hike w/ my dog over on a mountain I hunt a lot. see one deer, lotsa tracks. not coyote kills though.i did find a dead fisher cat I thought was strange. I couldn't determine the cause of death. I wouldn't have found it if whelen hadn't gone on point on it lol. there was a really rotten poplar tree, I suppose a branch could have broke and he fell to his death?? maybe it was ill.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal