Author Topic: what part of the state do you do most your hunting in?  (Read 2956 times)

Offline flockshot

• 6 Pointer
  • I have a thing for redheads
what part of the state do you do most your hunting in?
« on: Sep 28, 2006, 02:51:09 PM »
not a whole lot of action on the michigan boards...so ill start a new topic. for me it depends on species...i do all my deer hunting in oakland and genesse county(davison and springfield) and sometimes in washanaw. ...duck...geeze..all over..but mostly in oakland county and at point mouilea in wayne/monroe. sometimes the saginaw bay or st.clair. turkeys..im a southern boy...oakland/lapeer/genesee for me. small game im scattered..rabbits down here...grouse in the lewiston area.
"Here they come...TAKE'EM"......  I see dead ducks.

Offline spoonfed

• Spiked
  • anti hunters suck
Re: what part of the state do you do most your hunting in?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 28, 2006, 10:01:04 PM »
much like you flock it depends on what i'm hunting for.ducks i hunt saginaw bay,crow island and some smaller puddles around mid michigan.deer i hunt some state land in the midland/sanford area after the yahoos clear out and also have a small parcell of private i hunt in bay county.small game i'll travel must of upper michigan and have a few private land areas i hunt here in my area.

last yr i did the deer camp thing(in a tent in the woods) in the u.p with 7 of my friends.after a week of drinking and a few days of hunting(and not seeing anything)i've decided to stay home this year and hunt with my son instead.but i have to say it was fun last year.what i can remember. ::)

Offline flockshot

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Oct 03, 2006, 10:46:18 AM »
turkeys are my specialty...just ask..and ill let you know.

Offline flockshot

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Oct 12, 2006, 08:19:46 AM »
sometimes that works against you...but we'll give it a shot...im 3 for 3 with turkeys right now..3 years ...3 birds. in the last 3 years i have called in and seen 8 other turkeys die...i love it..belive it or not..i like it more then duck hunting.  most guys just dont hunt them right..thats all..its a simple problem to fix..usually one day hunting with someone with a bit of experience is worth alot..id be happy to come up there...i like watching people kill a bird i put them on as much as killing my own.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal