Author Topic: TC PRO HUNTER  (Read 7297 times)

Offline THEOZON

• 6 Pointer
TC PRO HUNTER
« on: Dec 11, 2012, 05:12:40 PM »
Anyone know if the THOMPSON PRO HUNTER is a good inline? Thinking about picking something up I use a Hawken round ball 50 Cal. now.

USE WHAT YA GOT TO GET WHAT YA NEED !

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
Re: TC PRO HUNTER
« Reply #1 on: Dec 11, 2012, 05:18:17 PM »
Anyone know if the THOMPSON PRO HUNTER is a good inline? Thinking about picking something up I use a Hawken round ball 50 Cal. now.
Yes , absolutely . And that is from a CVA owner ....  :o
I am entitled to possess technology equal to that of those who would threaten my liberties.  - "Wizzard of Bog"
  Hunting is a sport and supposed to be fun, and anything that takes that out of the equation I oppose with all of my being.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #2 on: Dec 11, 2012, 05:22:23 PM »
Yes it is a great Muzzleloader, top of the line. The CVA Accura is amazing as well I like the MR version. I am very interested in trying out the new Redemption Muzzleloader from LHR coming out soon. It is a company that was just formed up the road from me from a few of the big dogs at TC  after TC sold out and moved to Mass and started having recalls ::) Check it out!

http://www.lhrsportingarms.com/Redemption.html
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 11, 2012, 05:26:48 PM »
Yes it is a great Muzzleloader, top of the line. The CVA Accura is amazing as well I like the MR version. I am very interested in trying out the new Redemption Muzzleloader from LHR coming out soon. It is a company that was just formed up the road from me from a few of the big dogs at TC  after TC sold out and moved to Mass and started having recalls ::) Check it out!

http://www.lhrsportingarms.com/Redemption.html
Wanted one myself but don't cater to the short armed guy at all so I got the Encore It's an awesome gun ;broke mine in quick  ;D ;D ;D
you won't be sorry
« Last Edit: Dec 11, 2012, 05:27:34 PM by Green Mountian Hunter »

Offline THEOZON

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Dec 11, 2012, 05:44:21 PM »
Heard alot of raves about the Savage smokeless powder Ml10 MKII. They discontinued the production in 2011 but now are taking orders with along wait. Also heard min. Order is 25 guns. I don't think so.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #5 on: Dec 11, 2012, 05:49:09 PM »
You can put different plugs in the cvas and TC'S and Redemptions and shoot smokeless too. Fairly cheap.

Offline THEOZON

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Dec 11, 2012, 05:52:55 PM »
When I was alot younger used to ski in Brekenridge Colorado . Now that I am an Old Man now and can afford a exotic hunt would like to plan trip there. Those Elk are mighty tasty.Cow or Bull ? Fat cows taste better! :)

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #7 on: Dec 11, 2012, 05:54:03 PM »
I have one that was new last fall, Shoots and shoulders well. I have not shot a deer with it yet.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline THEOZON

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Dec 11, 2012, 05:58:24 PM »
Bog I thought that is what I saw in your Pic. Nice!

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #9 on: Dec 11, 2012, 06:05:51 PM »
Bog I thought that is what I saw in your Pic. Nice!

Eventually I want a few more barrel's. I have seen the Traditions and CVA both shoot first hand and they are nice as well. The ease of cleaning is the best part about all of them compared to what you have now.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline THEOZON

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #10 on: Dec 11, 2012, 06:16:08 PM »
Oh you must have the encore? I am looking at the one with no paperwork required. No interchangeable. No FFL paperwork needed like buying a BB gun . Not that I could not go that way, but alot more bucks + 250?

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #11 on: Dec 11, 2012, 06:19:14 PM »
Oh you must have the encore? I am looking at the one with no paperwork required. No interchangeable. No FFL paperwork needed like buying a BB gun . Not that I could not go that way, but alot more bucks + 250?

OH, that is not a regular pro hunter that is the FX. Shorter barrel and fixed. Much cheaper........ Still nice

Offline FOUL ANCHOR

• Nubbie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 11, 2012, 06:23:00 PM »

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #13 on: Dec 11, 2012, 06:25:35 PM »
I wouldnt shoot, the buck is in the way of the good meat..

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #14 on: Dec 11, 2012, 06:30:21 PM »
And yes Mine is the encore.....My wife was buying.... ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal