Author Topic: its amazing how this happens  (Read 2117 times)

Offline TallywackahME

• 8 Pointer
its amazing how this happens
« on: Oct 20, 2012, 06:06:45 PM »
so in the last 4 days since i got home from camp ive had 5 rifles show up at my house w/ deer season a week away that dont function.

a model 94 30/30 that "someone" (funny how know body knows who it was) put a 32 special round in the chamber and closed the action forcing the bullet into the barrel. when they attempted to eject it it pulled the bullet out of the casing ofcourse spilling all the powder into the action. which 94's are a biotch to take apart and clean. so likie everyone knows, if you put it away for 8 months the problem goes away right?!! ::) it ended up seizing the action closed so after a few hours of break free clp i was able to open it and disasemble and get it clean, functioning and shooting. told him never to bring me a gun again. lol

then a model 700bdl that had "heavy bolt lift, this one was a simple fix. it had a lifetimes worth of brass built up in the chamber and some bore buster and breakfree again had this puppy woring in about an hour. then a blr again w/ stuck cases. anyone who has ever messed w/ a BLR knows you do not take these apart. far too many timing issues. after micing his empty brass to other 308 brass i had and examining the case it was aparent it wasnt a pressure issue so i put the bore buster to it for 24 hours then patched it clean and gave it 150psi and its fixed. tonight i got two 742 just to clean. these are funtioning buuuuuuuut upon inspection it was missing screws all over the bases and rings and the other one the scope was topuching the rear sight hard enough to bend the bell of the scope and the fore arm was falling of.

wtf is wrong w/ ppl ill never know. i can see ppl havin an issue but i would look into it  more then a week before the season. i do love workin on guns but holy crap, thats enough for the week!

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
Re: its amazing how this happens
« Reply #1 on: Oct 20, 2012, 06:10:18 PM »
I don't get that either, I am token gunsmith for buddies here and they do the same, fix your s*** in July!
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal