Author Topic: ANYONE OUT FOR DOVES?  (Read 5189 times)

Offline chez

• Forked
ANYONE OUT FOR DOVES?
« on: Sep 11, 2012, 11:39:55 AM »
I USE TO DOVE HUNT EVERY YEAR.WE WOULD GO TO BLOOMSBURG FOR THEM.TONS OF FUN.GREAT TO EAT.BROWN THE BREAST IN OLIVE OIL THEM CREAM OF MUSHROOMSOUP ALL TOGETHER IN THE SLOWCOOKER FOR8 HOURS.NICE.SEEMS TO GET HARDER EVERY YEAR TO TRY TO GET OUT FOR THEM.LIKE TOO MUCH OTHER STUFF IS GOING ON.BOW SEASON IN A FEW WEEKS.IM ALL FLAIRED UP.MAYBE THIS CITE WILL GET BUSY?WAS FISHING THE DELEWARE 2 SATURDAYS AGO. A LOT OF GOOSE HUNTING GOING ON.I DONT EAT THEM. NEVER TOOK A LIKING TO THEIR TASTE.SO I DONT HUNT THEM.I WOULD TRADE A DOZEN GOOSE FOR A DOZEN DOVES.LOL.WEELL GOOD LUCK BOW SEASONS GUYS.THROW A POST.

Offline mschott

• 6 Pointer
Re: ANYONE OUT FOR DOVES?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 11, 2012, 09:09:40 PM »
i used to go every year down around Allentown between the doves and pigeons we had a blast ! The next day we would wrap the breasts in bacon and throw em on the grill with some corn. Have'nt been down in a few years for the big shoot but i manage to poke a few every year here around the house just to nibble on.
Bad decisions make for good stories !

Offline jlaclair

• 12 Pointer
  • get closer to the woodland critters
« Reply #2 on: Sep 11, 2012, 09:24:09 PM »
I wish we could hunt them here, I have had them before and they are tasty!!
Take a Kid outside...

Offline brace

• 10 Pointer
  • Is it Friday yet??
« Reply #3 on: Sep 11, 2012, 09:30:46 PM »
Dove hunting is one of my favorite memories - Was stationed at Ft. Bragg at the time and got invited on a dove hunt.  That morning I showed up with a box of shells - The guy's laughed at me for bringing so few shells.  Got a double on the first flight and then went 0 for 23 - More shells and then 0-15.  If took about $100 woth or shells to get my limit but they were some awesome eating!!!
   Nil Carborundum Illigetimi

Offline Wolley

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Sep 11, 2012, 10:01:10 PM »
no season for them here in maine. i would like to try it one day.
wake up America www.infowars.com

Offline chez

• Forked
« Reply #5 on: Sep 12, 2012, 07:55:12 AM »
IT SEEMS THE OLDER WE GET THE LESS TIME WE HAVE TO DO THE STUFF WE LOVED WHEN WE WERE YOUNGER.

Offline corny13

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Sep 12, 2012, 08:18:05 AM »
Bacon wrapped dove is also my favorite.   First fillet the breasts off but leave attached on the sternum...so two little pieces of meat together, lay flat put a piece of pepperjack cheese on top, Jalapeno pepper in the middle, wrap together with pepper in middle, then wrap with bacon skewer with toothpick put 30 of these on the charcoal grill!!  YUMMMY!

Offline chez

• Forked
« Reply #7 on: Sep 12, 2012, 08:25:19 AM »
THEY BUSTED THE SEASON UP SO MUCH AROUND OUR AREA YOU DONT KNOW WHEN THEY COME BACK IN.GOT O CHECK THE BOOK. WOULD SURE LIKE TO EAT SOME OF THOSE GUYS.WE USE TO BROWN THE BREAST IN OLIVE OIL WITH FRESH GARLIC.THEN PUT THEM IN A SLOWCOOKER WITH CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP FOR 6 HOURS.OUT OF THIS WORLD GOOD.ITALIAN BREAD FOR DIPPING.BETTER THAN GOOSE FOR SURE.LOL.

Offline mschott

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Sep 13, 2012, 06:33:57 AM »
Dove hunting is one of my favorite memories - Was stationed at Ft. Bragg at the time and got invited on a dove hunt.  That morning I showed up with a box of shells - The guy's laughed at me for bringing so few shells.  Got a double on the first flight and then went 0 for 23 - More shells and then 0-15.  If took about $100 woth or shells to get my limit but they were some awesome eating!!!

lol ya 5 boxes of shells would be a good place to start! some of the farms i hunted are now housing developments .It seems to go in cycles with hunters some years its raining pellets and other years people look at you and say you really hunt them things .
Bad decisions make for good stories !

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal