Author Topic: wife's new rifle  (Read 10589 times)

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
Re: wife's new rifle
« Reply #15 on: Apr 26, 2012, 08:46:58 AM »
Cool, to late for my guns but it will be good knowledge to have.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #16 on: Apr 26, 2012, 01:20:37 PM »
News to me......interesting.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #17 on: Apr 26, 2012, 05:26:18 PM »
 Never heard that one myself also ; Would like to know more  ;)

Offline peddler

• 10 Pointer
  • FREE DROBS
« Reply #18 on: Apr 26, 2012, 06:45:28 PM »
GMH, as you saw in my previous posts I've never had the patience to properly break in a new rifle. Which I might add probably 99% of hunters don't do.As I said my hunting partner just retired from the NYSP and was a  SWAT Team member for a number of years.His rifles don't shoot in one hole but they are not far off and I wouldn't offer to be a target at 500 yards for him, and I really mean that.The property that he leases offer 3 or 4 places where he can shoot that far and I've seen him do it. Me, 300 might be the far end of my ability, though my rifles are probably capable of a little more.I have his recipe for the proper break in if your interested but it would be easier to explain over a land line than my trying to type it which I'm terrible at.On another subject I can't wait to see how the " Old Girls new 6.5 Creedmoor shoots "

Peddler
Peddler

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #19 on: Apr 27, 2012, 03:58:48 AM »
GMH, as you saw in my previous posts I've never had the patience to properly break in a new rifle. Which I might add probably 99% of hunters don't do.As I said my hunting partner just retired from the NYSP and was a  SWAT Team member for a number of years.His rifles don't shoot in one hole but they are not far off and I wouldn't offer to be a target at 500 yards for him, and I really mean that.The property that he leases offer 3 or 4 places where he can shoot that far and I've seen him do it. Me, 300 might be the far end of my ability, though my rifles are probably capable of a little more.I have his recipe for the proper break in if your interested but it would be easier to explain over a land line than my trying to type it which I'm terrible at.On another subject I can't wait to see how the " Old Girls new 6.5 Creedmoor shoots "

Peddler
  That be nice to see what it will do at different ranges  ;  Going to P.M. you 

Offline peddler

• 10 Pointer
  • FREE DROBS
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2012, 05:29:20 AM »
Well, I talked with my buddy yesterday and he says he will be done breaking in the old girls rifle this week. I'll probably meet him for lunch and give him 4 hot pepper plants that the old girl started and potted for him. If it's anything like the rest of the Savages that you read about this little 6.5 Creedmoor should be a real shooter.

Peddler
Peddler

Offline mt.perchman

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2012, 08:47:39 AM »
YOU GUYS ARE A HOOT !!!!!ALL WE HAVE OUT HERE FOR SALES PEOPLE ARE MOUNTAIN MEN !!!!  LOL PS. MY WIFE SHOOTS A REMINGTON 300 ULTRA MAG STAINLESS AND CAMO STOCK TOPPED OF WITH A 4.5 TO 14  50 MM LEUPOLD. SHE IS A DARN GOOD SHOT. WE ARE LOOKING FOR A BEAR THIS SPRING FOR HER . HOPE FOR A COLOR PHAZE. PS. HER OLD RIFLE IS A REM. 300 SHORT MAG ROCKY MT. ELK ADDITION . YOU HAVE TO KEEP MOM HAPPY OR NOBODY IS HAPPY !!!!  LOL   BIG SKY MONTANA !!!
LIVING THE DREAM IN BIG SKY MONTANA !!!

Offline peddler

• 10 Pointer
  • FREE DROBS
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2012, 08:58:46 AM »
perchman, YOU GOT THAT RIGHT................. GOTTA KEEP HER HAPPY. We only hunt whitetails so we don't need any big bores. I shoot a .257 Roberts or a .270 depending on the day.

Peddler           
Peddler

Offline peddler

• 10 Pointer
  • FREE DROBS
« Reply #23 on: Jun 03, 2012, 04:57:06 AM »
Talked with my buddy a couple days ago and he says it's almost ready for her to shoot.

Peddler
Peddler

Offline peddler

• 10 Pointer
  • FREE DROBS
« Reply #24 on: Jun 07, 2012, 04:44:07 AM »
Well my buddy called last nite and said the gun was done.he says it shoots great but because its very light { 6#'s ] and has quite a slim barrel it heats up very fast. The first two shots are literally one hole and then the third prints about 3/4" away. So when he finished he took the gun all apart to completely clean it and of course when he put it back together it didn't shoot in the same spot. Now the gunsmith is going to bed the barrel so even in a downpour nothing will change the point of aim.If he's correct I'm sure the gun will most likely shoot better than either myself or my wife can do. Besides it only takes one shot to do the job.So one more week and she'll be able to shoot it.

Peddler
Peddler

Offline krbuell

• Nubbie
« Reply #25 on: Jun 08, 2012, 06:41:16 PM »
How does she like the rifle?  I'm considering this rifle myself, and if I decide to go for it I will custom order with stainless barrel.  That fluted handle sounds cool.  More info?  Also, please see my new posting regarding my trying to choose between the Lady Hunter and Hawkeye Compact.

Offline peddler

• 10 Pointer
  • FREE DROBS
« Reply #26 on: Jun 10, 2012, 06:25:10 AM »
How does she like the rifle?  I'm considering this rifle myself, and if I decide to go for it I will custom order with stainless barrel.  That fluted handle sounds cool.  More info?  Also, please see my new posting regarding my trying to choose between the Lady Hunter and Hawkeye Compact.

krbuell, She was very happy when I brought it home, fit perfectly. Now we are waiting for the stock to be bedded and expect it to be ready sometime next week.I'm not a big Ruger fan but that has nothing to do with their quality they make great products.

Peddler
Peddler

Offline peddler

• 10 Pointer
  • FREE DROBS
« Reply #27 on: Jun 10, 2012, 06:41:46 AM »
krbuell, I should have added that I do own a Ruger model 77/.22 LR All weather Stainless rifle.Which by the way is for sale only because I also have a Kimber model 82.

Peddler

Peddler

Offline peddler

• 10 Pointer
  • FREE DROBS
« Reply #28 on: Jul 28, 2012, 11:19:55 AM »
Got  text from my friend on Wednesday, this is what it said, " Bedding is done, just fired 4 shots ... first with clean barrel doesn't count....next 3 less than a bullet width apart with the last 2 in same hole barely bigger than the one hole....it's ready". Hornady Superformance ammo, 6.5 Creedmoor. The rifle as I said before is the new Savage Lady Hunter. I can't wait to shoot it myself.

Peddler  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Peddler

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #29 on: Jul 28, 2012, 02:52:44 PM »
I may pull your man card if you start shooting a Lady hunter. ;D ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal