Author Topic: Where do i start??  (Read 6676 times)

Offline ship of fools

• 8 Pointer
Re: Where do i start??
« Reply #15 on: Apr 05, 2012, 11:38:20 AM »
Great info

i was kinda hoping i could just walk out and shoot one ......   then head to the river for some big fish  8)

Steve - i'll touch base with you as we get closer ... and do some scouting in the meantime

Offline jlaclair

• 12 Pointer
  • get closer to the woodland critters
« Reply #16 on: Apr 05, 2012, 03:16:33 PM »
Great info

i was kinda hoping i could just walk out and shoot one ......   then head to the river for some big fish  8)

Steve - i'll touch base with you as we get closer ... and do some scouting in the meantime

Years ago I shot one the last 15 min of season, up to my camp saw a group of them running so ran and cut them off, saw one that looked like a big Tom and shot, 12" beard, 1.25 " spurs, got lucky then did some brook trout fishing!
Take a Kid outside...

Offline eyehi

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #17 on: Apr 05, 2012, 05:22:23 PM »
Perfect. If you can see well with binos just head over in the morning and watch to see where they fly down and what direction they head. I'm treating my camo and boots with Sawyers this year, you may want to do the same.

im going to try the sawyers this year steve...never had a problem with ticks but u cant be to careful with them

Offline ship of fools

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #18 on: Apr 06, 2012, 06:57:10 AM »
im going to try the sawyers this year steve...never had a problem with ticks but u cant be to careful with them

i live in albany and we are loaded with em

i have been reading posts left and right about seeing ticks in Central NY and i just heard of a tick in rochester .... where they had not been before  :o

Offline jlaclair

• 12 Pointer
  • get closer to the woodland critters
« Reply #19 on: Apr 06, 2012, 07:06:47 AM »
i live in albany and we are loaded with em

i have been reading posts left and right about seeing ticks in Central NY and i just heard of a tick in rochester .... where they had not been before  :o

Ive had them on me in the finger lakes, and part of st. lawrence county, in Martha's Vineyard...but not at my camp in the adks yet...but I guess theyve been there before
Take a Kid outside...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal