Author Topic: Flashlights  (Read 4652 times)

Offline myemmy

• 8 Pointer
Flashlights
« on: Nov 12, 2011, 02:24:41 PM »
What brand ,type of flashlight would u purchase   ?????

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
Re: Flashlights
« Reply #1 on: Nov 12, 2011, 03:20:54 PM »
I have one of the heavy duty Browning flashlights. wicked rugged and battery life is phenominal even in cold, but on the downside batteries are 22 bucks and the flashlight is like 60 I think :-\
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2 on: Nov 13, 2011, 05:30:45 AM »
I use and carry two....both by Coast and both are led tactical series....a small three AAA model that will go a year on batteries and a three D cell like a mag light, also goes almost a year on batteries....The led is so much brighter....and the small one has a red light function.... ;)

Offline OTIS

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Nov 14, 2011, 09:41:03 AM »
I have one double D cell Mag light that is still going strong, but I've been through three double AA cell Mag Lite's and refuse to purchase another.  For some reason the batteries corode and the light is rendered useless.  I'm looking to replace them with this light:

http://www.pelicanproducts.us/p.Pelican.LED.2360.HTML

Now I just have to see if they are made in the USA.  If not then I'll probably go with the SureFire:

http://www.surefire.com/6PX-Pro

Offline OTIS

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Nov 15, 2011, 08:26:20 AM »
Scratch the Pelican!  They are headquartered in the USA, but this particular light is MADE IN CHINER!

Offline Spikehorn11

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Nov 23, 2011, 01:32:12 PM »
I carry surefire and streamlights. Surefires can be expensive but the streamlights are a little cheaper in price but same quality.

Offline Hell Fish

• Forked
« Reply #6 on: Nov 25, 2011, 10:22:24 AM »
My boss got a full sized LED maglight for the lobster boat and it is very impressive. Its nearly as powerful as the spot light.

Offline corny13

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Nov 28, 2011, 12:51:17 PM »
I have a Olilight  M series XWarrior  that was a gift from my Daughter and Son-in-Law ( Marine Pilot).  He carries one in his flight suit.  They are the best.  Sure was a great  Xmas present.  The batteries (rechargeable) hold power for ever.  Brightest small light there is. You can order weapon mounts for them also.

Offline Stinginglips

• 6 Pointer
  • I love a nice rack
« Reply #8 on: Nov 28, 2011, 07:11:06 PM »
I bought some cheap 10 dollar led flash light from mardens last year. it has both white and green led lights. The green lights kinda look like nightvision going through the woods.

Offline smokey

• Nubbie
« Reply #9 on: Nov 28, 2011, 07:44:55 PM »
I have a 5 cell mag that I keep in my truck and a 6 cell in camp.

I also have about a half dozen of those shake lights scattered around wherever I might need it.

Offline OTIS

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #10 on: Nov 30, 2011, 11:37:00 AM »
I have a Olilight  M series XWarrior  that was a gift from my Daughter and Son-in-Law ( Marine Pilot).  He carries one in his flight suit.  They are the best.  Sure was a great  Xmas present.  The batteries (rechargeable) hold power for ever.  Brightest small light there is. You can order weapon mounts for them also.

Thanks Corny!  I'm going to have to check them out.

Offline hoythunter

• 6 Pointer
  • bad day in woods is better than agood day at work
« Reply #11 on: Nov 30, 2011, 01:16:24 PM »
i bought a little light for my son it was a chep little thing. looks like a spot light .runs on 4  A A  batteriesshines a long ways and is bright

Offline Spikehorn11

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #12 on: Nov 30, 2011, 03:39:29 PM »

Just when I say I don't need any more lights you show me that. I will have one in the near future.

Offline chris338378

• Forked
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2012, 10:20:04 PM »
I would go with any Streamlight brand light.  I've used them for years at work and they hold up very well.  There are lots that are rechargable and replacement batteries aren't too bad on prices. 

Offline peddler

• 10 Pointer
  • FREE DROBS
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2012, 04:17:05 AM »
Surefire, Streamlite  and Pelican are all very good,

Peddler
Peddler

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal