Author Topic: Highwoods  (Read 1737 times)

Offline Hillbilly75

• Nubbie
Highwoods
« on: Oct 12, 2011, 08:49:05 AM »
Has anybody made it out to the Highwoods recently? I have never hunted them and am thinking of making a trip out there to scout this weekend. Any good stories or information on the Highwoods would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Offline robbi

• Spiked
Re: Highwoods
« Reply #1 on: Oct 12, 2011, 07:06:59 PM »
What are you planning on hunting out there??  Biggest muley I ever laid eyes on was in the highwoods years ago......there's some monsters out there!
Bounty $100 per wolf, $1000 per envirnmentalist!!

Offline Hillbilly75

• Nubbie
« Reply #2 on: Oct 12, 2011, 09:10:02 PM »
What are you planning on hunting out there??  Biggest muley I ever laid eyes on was in the highwoods years ago......there's some monsters out there!

Yeah robbi, was originally planning on hunting it as a "backup" mule deer spot, but with your comment, may be my "primary" spot. Not sure how much pressure it gets, but it looks like there is plenty of land and not too many roads, which is what I am looking for. Thanks for the reply.

Offline robbi

• Spiked
« Reply #3 on: Oct 13, 2011, 09:34:12 AM »
My information is old since I haven't hunted the Highwoods in years, but I'd be glad to show you on a map where I've seen some nice deer.  Of course with all "good spots" it's not getting in and shooting the animal......it's getting the animal out once it's down.  It'd definitely be a work out........lol
Bounty $100 per wolf, $1000 per envirnmentalist!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal