Author Topic: Wisconsin gun season  (Read 4732 times)

Offline MASTERGUIDE

• 6 Pointer
Wisconsin gun season
« on: Nov 23, 2005, 07:42:27 PM »
well, the gun season is on here in Wisconsin, and by now all the deer's patterns are a mess, and everyone is doing drives, oh well, thats typical, bow hunting seems more and more fun every time because I actually see more and get more during bow season.  How has it been going for everyone else in the state.

MASTERGUIDE

Offline Pikeguy

• 6 Pointer
Re: Wisconsin gun season
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2005, 12:37:30 PM »
Masterguide, we had a pretty good season in my neck of the woods.

My brother and I with our deer

And a good friend of mine got this this weekend

Lots of nice bucks taken around here last week. I hope people shot a bunch of does too.
Adam

Offline MASTERGUIDE

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2006, 07:27:49 PM »
I can't believe I haven't checked this post, over the hundreds of times I have done a visual search of the entire board I just came upon your post just now, months later.  But anyways, yeah those are alot of nice deer, it wasn't a bad year overall this year, now its time to prepare for next year.

MASTERGUIDE

Offline OleSlewFoot

• Nubbie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2006, 11:05:23 PM »
The gun season is too short.  No wonder so many people get shot in the woods by their fellow hunters.  Wisconsin needs a month or more for gun hunting.  Like Masterguide said, the deer patterns get messed up during gun season, especially if you are stuck with hunting on public land.  I hunted with a bow and took two deer in three days.  Then I scouted and worked hard to find a few good gun spots.  After all of the hard work, I saw more people come by my stand than I saw squirrels, deer, and birds.  What is the use?  I guess I might as well sell my gun and just bow hunt.

Additionally, I am tired of seeing people standing in the woods not more than 50 yards from their trucks parked on the road.  If they are that out of shape or have not prepared enough to really hunt, maybe they should just stay at home and quit messing the deer patterns up.  I saw one guy who had a lawn chair leaned up against the front grill of his truck and he was under a blanket.  That takes real dedication.

Those were some nice pictures of your deer Pikeguy.  Congratulations.  Hope you have even better luck next year.
OleSlewFoot

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal