Author Topic: Patterning out my moosberg 500 12 gauge any suggestions on where to start?  (Read 6780 times)

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
Picked up a few cheaper brands to try to day,  Remington Nitro 3 inch #4 put 10 pellets in the kill zone at 40 yards with the poly choke on Full,  For the price and those results, I'll stick with these.

Sounds like it will do the job.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
Sounds like you found a winning combo. 8)

Offline Rebelfisher

• 6 Pointer
  • Kill Many Things!!
whats everyones opinion about how many bb's should be in the kill zone at 40 yds?? I got about 9 from those same 3" remington nitros, and I wasnt pleased? just curious...I know you only need one to do the job, but I like insurance!
If its BROWN...Its DOWN!!!      If it FLYS...It DIES!!!

Offline hooknhunter

• Forked
whats everyones opinion about how many bb's should be in the kill zone at 40 yds?? I got about 9 from those same 3" remington nitros, and I wasnt pleased? just curious...I know you only need one to do the job, but I like insurance!

I feel good with 4 in the brain or spine at any given distance.  I like to be more than 10 at 40, though.  If you are getting 9 or 10 at 40 yards, that's probably a 45-50 yard gun, but you'd need to check it out at those distances to be sure.
Keep your gunpowder dry and your fishing hooks wet.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal