Author Topic: Blue Igloo's passion  (Read 3708 times)

Offline blue igloo

• 6 Pointer
  • "we don't remember days....only moments"
Blue Igloo's passion
« on: Feb 19, 2005, 08:33:02 AM »
Well, I've found a forum that addresses my #1 passion.........HUNTING
Some people might recognize my name from the IceShanty.com forum which I discovered just last season. Ice Fishing is my winter passion.........which took over from Alpine Skiing when I moved to the Prairies.
If you visit my personal website (non-commercial) you'll see that I'm hardcore into Hunting  ;D
I realize that this forum is quiet right now but come fall......I think we can heat things up a bit.  ;)

See you all back here in the fall or in the great outdoors......"It's a great place to be !"  8)
"we don't remember days....only moments"

Offline reubenpa

• Forked
  • OH MY... I can't stop shaking!!!
Re: Blue Igloo's passion
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2005, 11:41:23 AM »
what is your websites url????    welcome to a site that isn't used much yet!!!
Come on Archery season

Offline blue igloo

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Feb 19, 2005, 09:37:26 PM »
what is your websites url????    welcome to a site that isn't used much yet!!!
Thanks for the welcome reubenpa  :)
I PM'd Grumpymoe about help with my profile data.
I inputted a pic, signature,comment and URL and NOTHING shows up  ??? (reason for the "test" post)  ::)

http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Trails/9795

will take you to "Ron's Hunting World" If the addy doesn't work just Google "Ron's Hunting World"
Blue Igloo  8)

Offline tk10fire

• 6 Pointer
  • I love stick and string
« Reply #3 on: Feb 20, 2005, 12:48:31 AM »
Hey blue igloo seen your post on ice fishin. Welcome here as you can see I'm a nubbie here too.

My main passion is  hunting too. especially the whiley white tail. Love that animal.

OH TO BE A FIELD

Offline blue igloo

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Feb 20, 2005, 05:14:02 PM »
Thanks again tk10fire for the welcome  :)

Offline blue igloo

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Mar 11, 2005, 04:29:04 AM »
Hey TK do you launch arrows at carp?
Just wondering ....as I lost my only carp shooting partner :(
The last time I tried bowfishing was about 4-5 years ago. I bought a recurve bow at that time and I have yet launched 1 arrow out of it  :'(
My compound is setup for big game.......
Blue Igloo  8)

Offline tk10fire

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Mar 23, 2005, 11:55:39 PM »
Hey BI I have never even tryed but sure have thought about it and wondered how one would set up and where to go.
If I could find the time sure would be intrested in learning more.
OH TO BE A FIELD

Offline blue igloo

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Mar 24, 2005, 08:17:53 AM »
The best place to get set up for carp shooting is at an archery pro shop such as Heights Archery on Portage Ave......see owner Ron Minion.
I've only been to Libau Marsh...where you drive in, park then walk about 200 yards to the fish. The water level HAS to be just right. Too much water and you can't get in. Too little water and the carp are NOT there. You need a relatively calm day too. If the North winds are blowing then the south basin water levels start to rise. Also, carp shooting starts when the general angling season starts.....mid-May........so the BUGS can also be a factor.! Best time to go is late afternoon until dusk....when the mosquitos chase you back to the truck !!!!
If you're interested we can get together and try our luck. If the conditions are just right, the action is non-stop and the memories will last you a lifetime. If you know any spring bear hunters.....they'll appreciate the free bait !
On another note, a co-worker asked me to pick your brain about your pronghorn hunt. Where, when, with who, contacts, info...maybe a website or a brochure. PM this if you wish then I'll pass it on.
Thanks Tk........maybe I'll see you on Monday at Delta!

Offline tk10fire

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Mar 24, 2005, 08:50:43 AM »
Thanks BI I'd love to go. I unfortunately get very busy with work in spring but I would love to go with you and try. Again I say so much to hunt and fish and so little time. Hopefuly meet at the Delta on monday and we can discuss it further. I go to Heights regularly on wednsdays for the 3d shoots (in winter).

About prong horn, I can give you the info about our hunt and I would also check with Wapati on this forum.
He posted  a reply on my "prarie goat" post in the Pictures section. If you read his post sounds pretty good. And a bit cheaper.

Basic info of our hunt. We were in Garfield Co. near Cohagen, Mt. which is north of Miles City on hwy 59. Our rancher was Terry Todd.  We stay at his ranch in a trailer. He was more expensive than another rancher out there but there was a good reason for that, but thats another story that I'll tell you some time.

Thats all I can give you for now but I would check on the www.discoveringmontana.com/ site for info on the draws and licenses.

Hope to see you monday too. It will be a great day.

OH TO BE A FIELD

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal