Author Topic: Pennsylvania Bucks  (Read 2971 times)

Offline PA_BOWHUNTER

• 6 Pointer
  • Jigwiggler doesn't really apply here.
Pennsylvania Bucks
« on: Jan 21, 2005, 06:44:51 AM »
I'd like to see just what kind of bucks are being taken here in the commonwealth, PA bucks only.  I'll start it off and will add more later.

Here's my deer from the opening morning of rifle season.

A friend's buck taken on the first Sat. of the rifle season.

Another friends buck taken the first day of archery season.

Same friend, (lucky bastard!! ;D ) buck taken in 2003.

More to follow.  Post em' up boys!  I wanna see some PA whitetails!

Offline DROP TINE

• Spiked
Re: Pennsylvania Bucks
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2005, 12:28:28 PM »
Nice buck bowhunter.  If i had gotten a deer this year I'd try to post them (I don't have any deer pics on a digital camera)  The buck you got this year looks similar to the one that i couldn't get a shot at last year on the second morning of gun season but yours is a little wider.  It was a tough season for me and my family. Out of the 8 family members that hunt (including myself) one buck was sighted and nobody got a shot at anything.  I am the only one who shoots does (if i get the chance to shoot at one), and they all said that they hardly saw any deer at all.  Not even during muzzleloader (which its just me (archery) and my uncle.)  Ohio next year buddy!!  I can't wait.
LOOK AT DA SIZE A DAT ONE!!

Offline PA_BOWHUNTER

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2005, 01:50:39 PM »
Thanks DROP TINE!

Ohio has some great hunting, I take it you live close to the border.  NY is alot closer to me and will probably be my first out of state hunt.

Offline DROP TINE

• Spiked
« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2005, 06:00:13 PM »
I live maybe 5-6 minutes from ohio.  I just talked to my buddy tonight and he shot a huge buck the last day of the muzzleloader season (in ohio) but they never found it.  I guess they tracked it for a couple of miles.  He did get a doe though about an hour before that.  I saw the pics on iceshanty with your dad and those bass.  Nice fish.  Do you guys have any ice up there now?  We are waitin to see if anyone goes out this weekend.  If they do were out there!  If not then  :'(.  About how far are you from st. marys in elk county?  Just curious.  :)
LOOK AT DA SIZE A DAT ONE!!

Offline PA_BOWHUNTER

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2005, 10:22:29 AM »
Thanks, we have between 4-12" of ice depending on where you look.  Sucks having good ice and no time to fish it.  I believe I'm about 4 hours from St. Marys, maybe 3 and 1/2.  Too bad about your buddies buck, tell him not ot give up, he might find it yet.  He won't get to eat it but might find the rack for memories sake.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal