Author Topic: spring bear  (Read 4232 times)

Offline hunterdan1

• Nubbie
spring bear
« on: Mar 04, 2008, 09:31:48 PM »
This is my frist year to do a spring bear hunt looking forward to it.

Offline spedray

• Nubbie
Re: spring bear
« Reply #1 on: Apr 01, 2008, 08:09:01 PM »
Anybody seen any bears this year yet? I am heading out tomorrow towards my bear hunting spot over by wall creek to look around. They said the park bears have started coming out a month ago. Hopen to head out first or second week of may. Good luck everybody.

Offline minnowguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Apr 10, 2008, 02:34:49 PM »
Good luck guys. Do any of you put a trail camera out?

Offline spedray

• Nubbie
« Reply #3 on: Apr 10, 2008, 08:52:57 PM »
Nope, every place I go is usually a good hour or two away. The bears tend not to stick around in one place. They just go from meadow to meadow.

Offline minnowguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Apr 10, 2008, 09:04:50 PM »
I take it you dont put a bait out then. Do you use a riffle or bow?

Offline hunterdan1

• Nubbie
« Reply #5 on: Apr 11, 2008, 10:33:39 PM »
Got my tags today so I'm all set for the fiffthteen.It's illegal to bait bear here.We have alot of snow in the mountain yet.I don't know if the bear are out alot in all this snow.

Offline WhiteTail Madness

• 6 Pointer
  • Watch your step.......
« Reply #6 on: Apr 12, 2008, 11:12:06 AM »
My dad is taking me on a bowhunt in Canada for my graduation present.  Will be my first bear hunt ever, guided hunt over active baits.  My first time to Canada all together, im REAL excited for this hunt, cant wait!  WIll be outta here for the last full week in september.
White tail madness... ALL .....YEAR....LONG!!<br /><br />aka Mr. Vexilar (IS) Steelie Slayer (MFF)

Offline minnowguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Apr 12, 2008, 08:21:04 PM »
My dad is taking me on a bowhunt in Canada for my graduation present.  Will be my first bear hunt ever, guided hunt over active baits.  My first time to Canada all together, im REAL excited for this hunt, cant wait!  WIll be outta here for the last full week in september.
Good for you and good luck. Be sure and take some pics for the rest of us to see.

Offline minnowguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Apr 15, 2008, 09:15:41 PM »
Have you guys had any luck yet?

Offline spedray

• Nubbie
« Reply #9 on: Apr 15, 2008, 09:33:22 PM »
Season in Montana just opened today in some regions. Not all of them are open yet. However the bears have been out for atleast a month in some places. Glacier even has said there bears are out already. I probably won't get a chance to get out for about three or four weeks though, I am trying to get a turkey first. I was up in the Bridgers today and the house I was working at had a pet black bear that has been awake for 5 weeks. The mountain around southwestern montana are really losing the snow fast till we got another half a foot today. Shouild have made it easier for anybody that went out today. Good luck everybody.

Offline WhiteTail Madness

• 6 Pointer
  • Watch your step.......
« Reply #10 on: Apr 16, 2008, 08:53:11 AM »
Good for you and good luck. Be sure and take some pics for the rest of us to see.

Will do!! Get a brand new dig cam for the trip, so i'll have PLENTY of pics!!!  We're also gonna do some flyfishing up there, prime time for the big brookies!! I can see it now, drop a good chunk of change on a bear hunt and they wont be able to get me outta the streams!! HAHA no, bowhunting is #1!!!!
White tail madness... ALL .....YEAR....LONG!!<br /><br />aka Mr. Vexilar (IS) Steelie Slayer (MFF)

Offline northwoodsaddict

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #11 on: Apr 16, 2008, 11:46:59 AM »
Thats awesome!!! Now I know what to ask for for a graduation present! Whereabouts in canada???
IceShanty=brookiebomber477

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal