Author Topic: Things look promising  (Read 2102 times)

Offline blue igloo

• 6 Pointer
  • "we don't remember days....only moments"
Things look promising
« on: Oct 30, 2007, 08:56:06 PM »
Went out for just one day of scouting/hunting during the first week of Muzzleloader Deer.
Got to my hunt area around noon and procceeded to do a walk-around in 70 KMS winds. Trees were falling all around me so I made the decision to just walk the field edges. Was disappointed to find that old deer trails were now quad trails. Thought all the deer had vacated the area until I bumped a doe that was bedded down in the thick stuff. Went back to the truck to have lunch and decided to visit the landowner for my yearly permission slips. No one was home. So I decided to check an old spot I use to hunt many years ago that is on Crown land. It was 4 PM and I started bumping all kinds of does and fawns. Some were standing broadside to me at only 20 yards. I was after horns so I let them escape unharmed!
I made a huge loop through the forest (the winds had died down quite a bit) and returned to my truck just before dark. Just as I neared the truck, I noticed a doe and twin fawns out on the field feeding a mere 100 yards from the truck. I snuck back the last 200 yards of my walk using my truck as cover. I managed to open my door undetected and retrieved my camera  for a few pics.
My tally for that half day was 29 deer......the last 2 were respectable bucks ....one at 195 yards and the last one at 207 yards......too far for me!
I was suppose to go out this second week for 2 days but my wife was rushed to the hospital where she underwent 36 hours of tests at the ER. Of course we both missed work and now
I feel obligated to stay home and help her around the house until she gets her strenght back.
I have the last week of MZ deer booked.......so I'll have to get busy then.....since I have 2 tags to fill.
Looking forward to it  :)
Blue Igloo

MY COVER

FROM FRONT OF TRUCK

AT BACK UNDER ATV FENDER

"we don't remember days....only moments"

Offline brian d

• Forked
Re: Things look promising
« Reply #1 on: Nov 05, 2007, 12:09:20 PM »
I agree that things are starting to look up. The temps are starting to fall.
Would like to see some snow before we go ( 2nd week of the season ).
This weekend did notice some bucks on the move, but still need colder weather

Offline roscoe

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Nov 05, 2007, 07:55:05 PM »
Hope the Wife is getting better Blue,and good luck on the tags. :)Looks like a good spot to hang out in.

Offline blue igloo

• 6 Pointer
  • "we don't remember days....only moments"
« Reply #3 on: Nov 06, 2007, 06:19:48 AM »
Hope the Wife is getting better Blue,and good luck on the tags. :)Looks like a good spot to hang out in.
Thanks roscoe!
I have so many good spots out there that being at the right one at the right time is like playing the lottery!
Took wife to see doc again yesterday. More tests needed. She will be on disability for awhile. Good health is something we should never take for granted. It's been a frustrating month......I'm wishing for everything to get back to normal around here. With her blessing, I'm escaping the daily stress and making my way to the deer woods today. Hope I can concentrate while I'm out there.
Blue Igloo
"we don't remember days....only moments"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal