Author Topic: Road Beavers ??  (Read 2613 times)

Offline Lobes

• 6 Pointer
Road Beavers ??
« on: Apr 06, 2007, 02:01:01 PM »
The strangest thing ...

I was driving home from work the other day was just creeping down the road looking for deer and turkeys when I noticed an object in the road ahead of me. At first it looked like someone's basketball rolled out of their yard into this really big mud puddle in front of their house. But as I got closer it started moving. Well I got right on this thing and turns out it was a beaver that turned and started running down the road and finally went into the nearby swamp and just sat there and watched me drive by. Looked like a bout a 15 - 20 pound rat with that big flat scaled tail. I'm wondering if he was making plans to dam up the road(??).   :D
Never even seen a muskrat in that swamp before. Maybe that's why. I don't think muskrats and beavers are the closest of friends.
« Last Edit: Apr 06, 2007, 02:05:29 PM by Lobes »

Offline out door man

• Forked
Re: Road Beavers ??
« Reply #1 on: Apr 11, 2007, 09:32:54 AM »
With All the Flooding around the beaver and muskrat are having a hay day. they Love it All new ground for them to roam. but to me It Mean i cant Wait To Start Traping them. lol
Get The Spud Launcher !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Lobes

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Apr 12, 2007, 06:52:57 PM »
It's not surprising how many beavers, coons, muskrats, coyotes, etc. are out there these days. Trapping and hunting for these creatures all but stopped when the bleeding hearts PETA folks started taking the bottom of the fur business. Now these animals are on the brink of being a huge problem. Hopefully fur prices get a little better to help you guys out.
Last year we brought in animal control folks to remove a family of raccoons that decided to take up residence in our attic! I was on patrol every night for two weeks and couldn't get a shot on the obviously pregnant female. After she gave birth and hearing the newborns cooing away up there that was when we called for assistance.

Offline out door man

• Forked
« Reply #3 on: Apr 13, 2007, 12:31:43 PM »
Yea, I will Take Care of Them Out Side but When They Come Inside I Call For Help Too

Offline Lobes

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Apr 14, 2007, 08:12:02 AM »
So how good are you doing with your trapping? Are you able to make any decent money on this? Do you think the popularity is picking up again?

Offline out door man

• Forked
« Reply #5 on: Apr 17, 2007, 02:10:10 PM »
yea It deff. going to be a good year.  We actually doing alot of sucker spearing right now in the creek . it been really weriod weather but u cant beat the fun times we had so far

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal