Author Topic: Some People are Dirt Bags  (Read 2976 times)

Offline hesseltine32

• 12 Pointer
  • Run and Gun
Some People are Dirt Bags
« on: Dec 05, 2015, 09:17:24 PM »
After sitting Friday morning I got down to check trail cameras.  As I drive over to the other side of the farm I see the ground blinds gone and I go wtf.  I then go over the a camera I have on a inside corner between to fields and see that the camera and tree stand are gone.  They literally came in and took everything but one stand on that side of the farm.   Never had anything like this happen before or heard of it.  Iv had the trail camera taken here and there but never had someone drive in and just take everything.  I'm just dumb founded by the whole thing and have no clue who did it.  I kinda feel that the person or people knew where everything was to be able and go in and do it.  They have been logging it so maybe it was one of them but do not know for sure.  I filed a report with DNR but highly doubt anything will come of it.   Guess im going to have to start locking everything and buy a internet camera and put it up in a tree 12 foot over looking the road coming in there.    Starting this week I will be making posted signs and will post the thing up tight.   I just hope this was a one and done deal I don't want to have to keep dealing with stuff like this because I cant afford hundreds of dollars in stands an cameras being taken.   

Offline Hollywood

• 8 Pointer
  • # 99
Re: Some People are Dirt Bags
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2015, 09:30:21 PM »
I'm sorry to hear. There are plenty of that sort to go around, unfortunately. We shouldn't have to post. In other states, unless you are carrying written permission, you're trespassing. And they pursue it. Here... The landowner has to jump through all the hoops , and still... How often does the trespasser have any repercussions? I hope you can figure it out.

Offline reeleyz

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2015, 09:54:19 PM »
That really sucks. It makes you feel violated. A few years back I had some vandalism on my own land. I put up a trail cam to try and catch them and they stole that too.

Hopefully somebody runs their mouth about their haul and they get busted. I hope you get your stuff back.

I am very tempted to get a camera with a SIM card in it. Under the camera will be this note.

"I just got emailed your picture so now you are busted for trespassing along with vandalism. It might be wise to leave this camera alone unless you want to add on some more charges. Have a Nice Day!"

Offline hunts2long

• 12 Pointer
  • Northville,NY
« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2015, 04:14:16 AM »
It seems the world is full of them today. Sorry for your loss....h2l
Some days are diamonds some days are stone

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 06, 2015, 04:42:53 AM »
   Sorry to here that Cody ; Hope bad luck follows them .....
« Last Edit: Dec 06, 2015, 04:43:45 AM by Green Mountian Hunter »

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
« Reply #5 on: Dec 06, 2015, 05:53:17 AM »

That is a shame that people think they can go a take what's not theirs, hopefully they will slip up a blab what they did and you find them!
           You can those trail cams with remote SDR cards, then you would have a picture of them.

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 06, 2015, 06:56:19 AM »
Up till about 3 years ago I never felt the need to lock up my tree stands. But lately it seems more and more people ignore posted signs and will take anything and everything they see. Sorry for your loss buddy. If you have homeowners or renters insurance, their loss may be covered under it. You should check.
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline duckey

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Dec 06, 2015, 08:20:27 AM »
Karma will bite em in the but!  That's a fact.
A. White

Offline CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
    • Rod Bender Charters, Lake George, NY
« Reply #8 on: Dec 06, 2015, 11:21:32 AM »
That sucks. I don't leave anything out, can't trust people even with locks. I stopped using trail cams after one I had locked with as Python cable lock was taken, they used a chainsaw to cut down the tree. This was a couple years back and I just last month started using the one I still have with a Python, but I am cautious about where I put it and move it a lot.
« Last Edit: Dec 06, 2015, 12:13:28 PM by CAPTJJ »
Its always archery season. >>>---------->
Hybrid longbow in hand.

Offline oldpro51

• Forked
« Reply #9 on: Dec 06, 2015, 11:35:03 AM »
It seems our sport draws more and more Dirtbag scum every year .....over the years we have had several ladder stands stolen ....all off private lands and then had others with Permission ???? place their stand within 10 yards of where ours were taken......so what to do.... save ...pinch pennies and buy our own land ...now we have 2 dirtbags who saw that we were shooting a few deer put their tree stands 5 yards off our posted sigs cutting off my oldest sons stand .....a little research showed that the oldest dirtbag s a convicted women beater and has several DWI...so now you see what type of POS roams the woods of Prattsburgh  Steuben co New York 

Offline tubeslinger

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #10 on: Dec 06, 2015, 02:06:53 PM »
Must be the year of thieves. >:( Had one stand taken but they left the climbing sticks. ??? Then at the golf course we hunt trail camera turned up missing. I suspect it was 3 pot head kids that I yelled at while they were in the act. Course was closed and no one was supposed to be there.

Offline marty70

• Spiked
« Reply #11 on: Dec 06, 2015, 03:49:27 PM »
You should check with the loggers and see if they saw anything.We log and if we have to cut the tree or around it we always let the landowner know

Offline windwalker

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #12 on: Dec 07, 2015, 07:37:48 AM »
Have lost ladder stands in past years , refuse to put game cameras out unless I can put them high as in 16 feet etc , they never look up ! Have had buddies who had there's stolen and it's a sad comment about some two legged critters ! I actually looked a tracking device which I could attach to a stand , steal it and I could come right up to the vermin .I now leave a weather proof message on the seat , so far it hasn't been taken ...................hope u find the vermin , get even ! 

Offline hesseltine32

• 12 Pointer
  • Run and Gun
« Reply #13 on: Dec 07, 2015, 06:56:09 PM »
Been keeping my eyes out on craigslist and other internet classifieds hoping maybe they will slip up. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal