Author Topic: ok...im getting OLD...WHATS UP WITH???????????  (Read 8908 times)

Offline mauser98

• Forked
ok...im getting OLD...WHATS UP WITH???????????
« on: Jul 13, 2014, 06:53:35 AM »
it keeps getting more and more expensive for things and STUFF....whats UP with that???? im getting closer to retirement   and taxes are going up...food is going up   EVERYTHING is....dont they KNOW its getting MY TIME?????  but THATS ok...ive been looking at places in  the mts of west va....taxes are like 1/3rd of what they are up here in DA STICKS...i may just pick up my toys and go there....

Offline nyduckman

• 8 Pointer
Re: ok...im getting OLD...WHATS UP WITH???????????
« Reply #1 on: Jul 13, 2014, 01:26:25 PM »
the wife and I aren't to far behind you,  we are planning on heading to North Carolina within the next year and half or so... im so sick of this state I have worked in NC for the past few winters since im laid off up here during that time and have come to love the people and economy...

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
« Reply #2 on: Jul 13, 2014, 04:58:02 PM »
it keeps getting more and more expensive for things and STUFF....whats UP with that???? im getting closer to retirement   and taxes are going up...food is going up   EVERYTHING is....dont they KNOW its getting MY TIME?????  but THATS ok...ive been looking at places in  the mts of west va....taxes are like 1/3rd of what they are up here in DA STICKS...i may just pick up my toys and go there....
            Where do you live now? I retired 4 years ago, yea things are going up, my taxes here aren't out of site, food and gas is up, but I can make do.
            Good luck with your retirement.

Offline hesseltine32

• 12 Pointer
  • Run and Gun
« Reply #3 on: Jul 14, 2014, 05:43:30 AM »
I was up in the mnts of west by god virgina this week end. It's nice up there compaired to MD and NY it's seems like a lawless state.  They do have a whole new level of bumpkin/ hillbilly up there though.

Offline mauser98

• Forked
« Reply #4 on: Jul 19, 2014, 03:14:55 PM »
i live in vermont...and west va is looking better all the time....i have a small place here...in town... nothing great   taxes are like 3500 a year for what?    plus all the other taxes  are just driving me NUTZ...maybe its just me getting old...but i looked at a place down in west va...15 acres and a place 1100-1200 sq ft all on a dirt road....nothing great.......but taxes 450 dollars a year?  YEAH when i get closer to retirement...im gonna look into it more...its MY MONEY...im tired of giving it away...

Offline mauser98

• Forked
« Reply #5 on: Sep 12, 2014, 05:55:33 AM »
also looking in maine...wife is from there...nice place too....50 acres... 1800 sq ft house  garage....87k....taxes 1700 a year....OH YEAH IM LOOKING....

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
« Reply #6 on: Sep 12, 2014, 10:13:44 AM »

Here in N.Y. I get a school tax deduction about $800 off a year, I get my veterans discount off my property taxes, it all helps.
   My kids are here and my girlfriend just moved here from Vt. I like the north country, I like the cold that we get here in the winter, I
   also like to ice fish, I'll stay as long as I can afford it, right now it's doable. Good luck with your search.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #7 on: Oct 25, 2014, 06:59:27 AM »
I am getting old....someone once wrote to my post, stay and fight to make it better. The sad truth is, even as a solidified group the bad in our world/sport, what ever the case.... Far outnumber us. Makes standing up to be heard pointless. You just get tired from being frustrated all the time. Not to mention, foolish as the definition of insane/stupid is doing the same things over and over expecting different results. So we just move on and in most cases, experience a different kind of problem.
I will go on, and try to find some good in this life. I have a lot that is, my kids, wife, mom, some friends. Sometimes it's better to concentrate on these, than all the crap. Off to search for a place to hunt, where the people share the same core values as the good ones. Sad, but the bad apples seem to out number us in that as well. Sometimes wish I could just go and do what they do....but my conscience would never let me. To old to change that.....

Offline monk

• 8 Pointer
  • I'd rather be outdoors
« Reply #8 on: Oct 25, 2014, 11:33:58 AM »
Thank obama, his BIG government and policies requires a lot of tax money! Big government lends its self to fraud, corruption, waste and abuse. BIG government puts a squeeze on all services and manufacturers of "STUFF", they just pass that cost down to us.
obama gives a whole new meaning and truth to those bumper stickers, "Keep Working 12,000,000 Illegals Are Depending On You!" and "Keep Working Millions On Welfare Depend On You".

Low return on anything you have saved, thank obama!

He has this country A$$ backwards!

Get out and vote!
« Last Edit: Oct 25, 2014, 11:36:44 AM by monk »
 MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! God Bless America!
"Old age is like everything else. To make a success of it, you've got to start young."
Theodore Rooseve

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #9 on: Oct 25, 2014, 05:46:16 PM »
No.... He has this country headed right where he wants. Study history, every tyrant that used his country for his "rule the world" scheme did one thing in common, though different ways. Make your citizens dependent on the government. They then have to do your bidding, or face being left to fend for them selves, or be killed for not complying. And watch for us declaring war before the end of his term, as it is written that congress can vote to not change leaders in times of war....just some observation's by a grumpy ole guy.....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal