Author Topic: 2 immature moose in 3 days?  (Read 10040 times)

Offline Bill Dance

• Forked
  • One shot Bill!
2 immature moose in 3 days?
« on: Oct 17, 2010, 08:40:52 PM »
Went out looking for some deer, came to the first cut and we seen this.
I figured sweet 2 bulls fighting over a cow, then as they started to walk off we noticed hey there was antler on that moose to the right but we said oh well let them walk but we got to talking then we said maybe we should have shot it. As we drove further into the cut it had made a full circle and now we were on the other side of the cut then noticed that the bulls were still there in the middle of the cut.

This is what he looks like.

All loaded up.

This next picture is very graphic so don't go any further but I had to take a picture of both bulls hanging in my shop.

I think we should go buy a lotto ticket before the luck goes away. ;)
Work is just to support all of my habits. HUNTING AND FISHING!!!!

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
Re: 2 immature moose in 3 days?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 17, 2010, 08:43:18 PM »
Nice congrats to you and the wife Bill.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2 on: Oct 17, 2010, 09:00:10 PM »
That's awesome Bill. Congrats to you and the wife as well. Your giving that trailer a workout!!!

Offline Wolley

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Oct 17, 2010, 09:25:47 PM »
That sure beats a deer. What is the rules for harvesting moose out there? small ones only?
wake up America www.infowars.com

Offline marcus

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Oct 17, 2010, 10:34:34 PM »
kiind of makes deer look like a snack  good job out there those are some awesome animals

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #5 on: Oct 18, 2010, 05:21:08 AM »
Wow Bill, thats a lot of meat for the winter....  Congratulations...
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline Bill Dance

• Forked
  • One shot Bill!
« Reply #6 on: Oct 18, 2010, 08:43:37 AM »
Thanks guys! Before these moose I have only seen 1 immature moose in my life so to harvest 2 in 3 days I though that was very lucky.

That sure beats a deer. What is the rules for harvesting moose out there? small ones only?
The rules for harvesting moose are you can only shoot a spike-fork bull which means that if it has 2 points or less on one side it's shootable for example 3x1 or 10x2 mine were both 2x2.

Offline zimmer2

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Oct 18, 2010, 01:13:19 PM »
Man that is was cool! Congrats  What is the reason for small bulls only, never heard of such a thing?

Offline Bill Dance

• Forked
  • One shot Bill!
« Reply #8 on: Oct 18, 2010, 02:24:20 PM »
Man that is was cool! Congrats  What is the reason for small bulls only, never heard of such a thing?
B.C.'s way to control the population by harvesting the small bulls and leaving the breeding stock. You can however apply for a big bull draw which allows you to harvest any bull moose. Up north they have a different way which is they harvest immature moose and big bulls with with 10 points on one side and or 3 or more brow tines.

Offline zimmer2

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: Oct 18, 2010, 04:07:13 PM »
B.C.'s way to control the population by harvesting the small bulls and leaving the breeding stock. You can however apply for a big bull draw which allows you to harvest any bull moose. Up north they have a different way which is they harvest immature moose and big bulls with with 10 points on one side and or 3 or more brow tines.
If you need a way to control population I know Montana hunters would sure let you have some of our wolves :) In fact you can come get all of them. ;D

Offline hallyslayer

• Nubbie
« Reply #10 on: Nov 09, 2010, 09:59:19 AM »
very nice, we lucked out and got a 2 by 4 last year, very tasty, filled the freezer up right quick

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal