Author Topic: Best hunting?  (Read 13408 times)

Offline tk10fire

• 6 Pointer
  • I love stick and string
Re: Best hunting?
« Reply #15 on: Aug 15, 2005, 12:30:03 AM »
sounds like a place one would put on his places to visit list.
OH TO BE A FIELD

Offline fly-in

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #16 on: Aug 18, 2005, 04:49:55 PM »
My wife's grandfather shot a bison, I think it was in Alberta if I remember right, north of Edmonton. Shockey shot his in the Yukon, so I doubt it was a farm.

Offline tk10fire

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #17 on: Aug 19, 2005, 02:44:49 AM »
Thanks fly-in. I wasn't sure where it was. Hey what are two Manitoba boys doing in BC with out our bows?
OH TO BE A FIELD

Offline MoosemanKris

• 6 Pointer
  • Tight Lines ans Straight Shooting
    • Silvertip Archers
« Reply #18 on: Sep 08, 2005, 02:20:54 PM »
SHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! Don't tell the whole planet I don't want all my hunting spots to be full :P :P Just kidding boys. It's going to be a great season. I've already been busted by a NICE 3by3 mulie. Tried to draw when he was looking. Bad move. Oh well it was only the 4th day. We were hunting elk and he stepped out in front of me. Not being particular about meat, I tried my best and got him ranged but he busted me on the draw. Got one chicken so far and soon I'll have some really nice pics of a cinnamon black bear. And yes, there are lots of elk, you've just got to know where to look ;) ;) Going out tonight for some birdies and bucks ;D
The hunting is the best, bring on the big bull moose (BTW TGF we've got 2 big bull draws! ;D ;D )
Bagged to date:
9 grouse
6 squirrels
1 MIA Rabbitt

Offline Terrygonefishing

• Forked
« Reply #19 on: Oct 02, 2005, 09:50:18 AM »
He's asking about B.C. , Terr..............   I  had to stop for several herds to cross on the #3 just east of the Okanagan in the spring so I think it depends on the time of year. 

Yeah thats what I mean about "Mostly in the park by Jasper" as I can go down there anytime of the year and see herds of elk. ;)
Yes for sure there are lots on the highway in other places at different times of the year.

Offline Terrygonefishing

• Forked
« Reply #20 on: Oct 02, 2005, 10:00:22 AM »
Ok, I believe you, but it was not a park, completely wild, these buffalo went on for miles thousands of buffalo, span over every few hundred yards for 50-60 miles then more scarce in the next 50-60 miles, they were crossing the road, feeding in the ditches, etc.  And the elk had to be wild, they didn't have ear tags, and they were skiddish, they were also very large.  I only saw about 13 elk,  The elk and "buffalo" ranges overlaped, and the moose were more northern, with the caribou, and the stone sheep were in the mountains, we saw only a few moose, and a million stone sheep.  The moose were huge, the elk were huge, and the caribou were mainly young caribou, and one or two older ones.  I don't know what else to say, I saw it all.  I have it on video.  But I can see how the buffalo would be captive, because of the eartags, and I believe you because you live there. 

MASTERGUIDE

I have been to the spot you are talking about. It is around the BC/Yukon border. Yeah you have to slow down cause you don't want to hit a buffalo. There are signs on the road warning of buffalo. These are wild buffalo. BC has Limited Entry Hunting for them and don't give out alot of tags. Odds are probably on average 150:1 that you will be drawn. Unless your native then you can shoot as needed. I should have married a native woman. This guy I met hunting, I asked him if he got any Limited Entry draws this year? He said "Hell I don't bother with that, I married a native woman and I have Unlimited Entry hunting".

buzzbomb

« Reply #21 on: Oct 02, 2005, 11:21:34 AM »
Well, I stand corrected! It's the first time I've heard of herds of Buffs running completely wild other than those in parks.  It sure wouldn't work in Saskatchewan... I think they'd all be in the freezer or wasted in the first season!  It took over a hundred years just to get them going on enough farms that they weren't an oddity.  So the same theory would apply as to moose..... Where is the best place to shoot a buffalo?   Next to a truck, of course! ;D

Offline blue igloo

• 6 Pointer
  • "we don't remember days....only moments"
« Reply #22 on: Apr 05, 2006, 03:13:59 PM »
BC has the best hunting and fishing in the world. I'm surprised there are no posts here. Any BCers out there that like to hunt???
After reading a few post.......I'm getting buck fever in anticipation of my future BC hunt.......I'm hoping that it becomes my new "Hunt of a Lifetime"   ;D
Blue Igloo
"we don't remember days....only moments"

Offline Terrygonefishing

• Forked
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2006, 02:26:50 PM »
After reading a few post.......I'm getting buck fever in anticipation of my future BC hunt.......I'm hoping that it becomes my new "Hunt of a Lifetime"   ;D
Blue Igloo

We will work on that B.I. ;D

Offline tk10fire

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #24 on: Jul 28, 2006, 12:18:45 AM »
After reading a few post.......I'm getting buck fever in anticipation of my future BC hunt.......I'm hoping that it becomes my new "Hunt of a Lifetime"   
Blue Igloo
Off hunting in BC eh BI, What you going for?  I'm hoping to go for a goat out there in 07 with My brother in-law
OH TO BE A FIELD

Offline blue igloo

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #25 on: Aug 29, 2006, 06:52:16 AM »
Off hunting in BC eh BI, What you going for?  I'm hoping to go for a goat out there in 07 with My brother in-law
That's right...can't wait!
Targetting elk and moose and hoping for a chance at a grizzly.
That should make for some interesting new material for the new Canadian Hunting Magazine I write for!
Blue Igloo
PS I'm taking my BIG gun this time!
« Last Edit: Jan 24, 2007, 06:41:10 AM by blue igloo »

Offline fly-in

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #26 on: Aug 29, 2006, 01:48:10 PM »
Hey B.I, how do we get your magzine? Is that your paying job or just for kicks ;D

Offline blue igloo

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #27 on: Aug 29, 2006, 08:08:43 PM »
Fly-In
The Journal of the Canadian TrophyHunters will be available across Canada at all Wal-Mart locations.
It is also available by subscription.
I've been published a few times over the years in Bowbender, Outdoor Edge, & Buckmasters Magazine and online.....but that was just for kicks....now this is more serious.
"one door closes........another door opens!"
Who knows where this will lead?
Blue Igloo  8)
« Last Edit: Jan 24, 2007, 06:41:36 AM by blue igloo »

Offline 300wsm

• Nubbie
« Reply #28 on: Jan 23, 2007, 10:49:17 PM »
ive joined in guys wake the forum

Offline blue igloo

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #29 on: Jan 24, 2007, 06:45:49 AM »
ive joined in guys wake the forum
Wrong time of the year to wake up the guns there 300wsm   :o....but welcome anyways.  :D
This forum usually picks up in time for the spring bear season......stay tuned.
Most of us are over at the sister site....Iceshanty.com  ;D
Blue Igloo

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal