Author Topic: My First Gobbler ever  (Read 2379 times)

Offline Deer-Downer

• 6 Pointer
  • Total deer taken in my life....7.... still count'n
My First Gobbler ever
« on: May 01, 2006, 09:34:26 AM »
 Well I shot my first Turkey yesterday 2 1/2" Jake here in Manitoba first day out and with a Bow boy was I ever jacked.Set up early in the morning to try and catch them off the roost but the choose to go around us too the big Field. So after an hour and a half of trying to call them off the Field we went to them I located them to find that they were 100 to 150 yrds out onto the Field. So we watched and after 20 mins we saw that they were coming back and would go around the fence into the Pines. So we set-up in a little opening just out side the Pines to try and call em in to our three set Love Triangle decoys.So 10 mins later a little Jake came no more then 5 yrds behind us just could not see us. Then he gobbled and boy was that loud.Then he just stayed put and 2 Big Toms passed in front of me 40 yrds but I said know to the shot. So the Jake left and went back to farm but after lot and lots of calling we called him right back in to about 30 yrds I shot but miss judged the disstance and missed right under him so he ran 20 yrds but then again came back to about 16 yrds. I let the arrow fly and took smack dab in the vitals he ran 15 yrds and dropped. When we cleaned him we found that both lungs were taken out and the heart was pretty much detached.So it was a awesome first Hunt and I will remember it for the rest of my life.....Thanks to my dads guiding services.
I May Be Small But I Hunt Big!!

!!Hunting!! I'm in it for the !!BUCKS!!

Deer-Downer

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
Re: My First Gobbler ever
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 10:22:22 AM »
Congratulations Turkey-Talker. To get a turkey with a gun is hard enough but you got ome with a bow and that's really tough. Kudos to you! :D
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline skundl

• Forked
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 11:10:41 AM »
Awesome job!

Offline Deer-Downer

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 07:08:37 PM »
 Thanks guys now it is on to my dad see if he can bag one. ;D

Deer-Downer

JimP

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 07:36:06 PM »
Congrats on your bird. Those jakes are the best eating birds that exist and that's what I normally try to shoot, if possible. Way to go! -Jim

Offline kenman

• Spiked
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2006, 11:16:12 AM »
big congrats, Jim is right, those jakes are tasty!!

Offline Deer-Downer

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2006, 12:56:52 PM »
 Yup they sure are tasty going to smoke him this time see how that taste ;D ;D.My unxcle just got a 8 1/4" bearded bird yesterday so we are doin pretty good. ;D ;D

Deer-Downer

Offline Turkeyslayer

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2006, 09:38:03 AM »
Congrats on the bird I rember my first one that was awsome, realy exiting I got mine tuesday 15.5lb-er my dadalso got his 45 minuite after 14.75lb-er both adult birds neather one had spurs. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal