Author Topic: Lots of Birds  (Read 4854 times)

JimP

Lots of Birds
« on: Apr 07, 2006, 06:43:04 PM »
Saw lots of birds out strutting around here today, in VT. Looks to be a great spring season ahead. -Jim

Offline Deer-Downer

• 6 Pointer
  • Total deer taken in my life....7.... still count'n
Re: Lots of Birds
« Reply #1 on: Apr 10, 2006, 04:52:08 PM »
 Well we started scouting the other day and found a flock of five.Four Toms and one Hen one Tom had a good 9" :o beard others 6" to 8" really good sign ;D and good news is we got permision to hunt where we saw them. ;D ;D
I May Be Small But I Hunt Big!!

!!Hunting!! I'm in it for the !!BUCKS!!

Deer-Downer

Offline Perch Inc.

• Spiked
  • Monster Perch Rulz!!
« Reply #2 on: Apr 10, 2006, 10:19:09 PM »
While shad hunting a few week ago my son and I ran into a mess of birds!!! It looks like it going to be a good season!! I plan on  taking my 2nd. bird with my bow!! GOOD Luck to ALL!!
Pass it on the GREAT NY Outdoors!!         

Offline devil-man

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Apr 11, 2006, 03:04:39 AM »
I went to my local state park and the birds were right where they were supposed to be.  :)
They were messing with me last year...
It's easier to escape from a chain gang than a food chain...

Offline kenman

• Spiked
« Reply #4 on: Apr 11, 2006, 11:27:49 AM »
Several descent flocks around.  They've mostly moved out of the fields now that the snow is out of the woods, chowing up left over acorns from last fall.  Looks like the hardwood ridges are gonna be the place to be in 3 weeks (the opener here in NH is 5/3), I can't wait!!!

Offline spiker2

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Apr 12, 2006, 07:53:02 AM »
lots of good sign around my house. had a flock of 10 behind the house saturday. 6 toms and 4 hens. threw in the mouth call. yapped at them alittle and the toms went right into strutt. man what a beautiful sight. come on may 1st. ;D

Offline carphunter

• Forked
« Reply #6 on: Apr 12, 2006, 10:26:10 AM »
Lot's of bird's here in central Pa. also. I hope they cooperate better this year.
      Jim
AKA carpcatcher

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Apr 12, 2006, 04:45:39 PM »
Just saw two birds walk through the park on the other side of the creek.  First time I've seen any there in the 11 months we've lived here.  Too bad I'm in the middle of suburbia, or I'd start following them to see where they went.
« Last Edit: Apr 13, 2006, 05:30:33 AM by Chucker »
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline Bobman

• 6 Pointer
  • Shoot him now, shoot him now!!!
« Reply #8 on: Apr 12, 2006, 09:36:49 PM »
Maybe it will be a good year for me after all.  Checkout what I saw from my backyard in Hamburg, NY.

http://www.myhuntingforum.com/hunting_forum/index.php?topic=725.0
Their comin' right for us!

Offline devil-man

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: Apr 13, 2006, 06:30:22 PM »
yapped at them alittle and the toms went right into strutt.
Don't yap too much, B. You gotta save that.
It's easier to escape from a chain gang than a food chain...

Offline Deer-Downer

• 6 Pointer
  • Total deer taken in my life....7.... still count'n
« Reply #10 on: Apr 15, 2006, 09:40:59 AM »
 Good luck to everyone maybe we can have some cool pics and some great memories. ;D ;D
I May Be Small But I Hunt Big!!

!!Hunting!! I'm in it for the !!BUCKS!!

Deer-Downer

Offline kenman

• Spiked
« Reply #11 on: Apr 19, 2006, 10:59:51 AM »
Did some scouting Sunday morning, scratched one time and the woods exploded with gobbles from 3 different directions.  I got outta there lickety split...hopefully they will still be there in two weeks...

Offline fastribs85

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #12 on: Apr 19, 2006, 10:06:03 PM »
unfortunately for us in pa the state has the season starting about 2 or 3 weeks to late basically have to get one the first week most years or else they dont even bother with calls have to hope one walks by

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #13 on: Apr 20, 2006, 02:20:50 AM »
unfortunately for us in pa the state has the season starting about 2 or 3 weeks to late basically have to get one the first week most years or else they dont even bother with calls have to hope one walks by

when do you guys start acroos the border? we start here in NY on May1

Offline kenman

• Spiked
« Reply #14 on: Apr 20, 2006, 11:05:54 AM »
Same here in NH Fastrib, our season starts May 3rd...I can't get out til the 6th.  If you don't knock one the opening weekend, it is seriously tough hunting.  You may get a jake to come to your calls later in the season, but the tommy's won't.  One good thing here though, we have a youth hunting weekend the 29th and 30th of April.  The toms should still be hot that weekend, would like to call one in for my son...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal