Author Topic: Can't Wait  (Read 6264 times)

Offline Deer-Downer

• 6 Pointer
  • Total deer taken in my life....7.... still count'n
Can't Wait
« on: Feb 14, 2006, 12:31:40 PM »
Well only a couple months now to the Turkey seson and can't wait to try for my first time ;D ;D baught the calls and all of clothing and gear and need I just can't wait ;D ;D.I will be going with Shot-gun for my first year ;D ;D.Seen a good bunch of Birds this last Spring my dad missed a 9"er and a 8" >:( >:(so that is where I think I will setup.....Deer-Downer..... ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)
I May Be Small But I Hunt Big!!

!!Hunting!! I'm in it for the !!BUCKS!!

Deer-Downer

Offline big j 2520

• Nubbie
Re: Can't Wait
« Reply #1 on: Mar 06, 2006, 03:44:43 PM »
Yeah, Now that this wonderfull year of icefishing is over :P. My brain is switching to the turkeys. I went to Gander yesterday and was checking out new vests. Good luck this season!
Which way did he go !!!!!

Offline devil-man

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Mar 07, 2006, 05:08:50 AM »
I heard a tom gobbling when I got to Cuba Lake on Sunday.
What a beautiful sound! It was on the hill right above where we parked last time, Greg.

Just got my turkey permit application for Letchworth SP yesterday...  8)
It's easier to escape from a chain gang than a food chain...

Offline Deer-Downer

• 6 Pointer
  • Total deer taken in my life....7.... still count'n
« Reply #3 on: Mar 07, 2006, 11:05:28 AM »
 Yup those gobbles sure do sound good. ;D ;DNow by the way it looks i may even be able to go out with Bow for my Gobblers ;D ;D ;D ;D.....Turkey-Hunter...... ;D ;D
I May Be Small But I Hunt Big!!

!!Hunting!! I'm in it for the !!BUCKS!!

Deer-Downer

Offline big j 2520

• Nubbie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 08, 2006, 03:23:58 PM »
I saw 25 Monday morning at the Abby in Piffard. ;D To bad I can't hunt there. :'( I'm going to start doing some serious scoutting this weekend around Livingston,Genesee ,and Wyoming counties. Year 3 and I'm hoping to score. ;D

Big J
Which way did he go !!!!!

Offline FIRESTORMHTR

• Forked
  • 8 Point
« Reply #5 on: Mar 11, 2006, 06:40:58 AM »
Yup just ac couple months away,went to area where Buddy and I tagged out last year and saw 4 Nice Toms,will be Hunting a Different Strategy this year using my Blind,hopefully wont have to wait three days into the season,get it over with the opening Day.Well lets all have a safe season  and post them pictures,maybe this sight will have a Turkey Contest.Gobble,Gobble
« Last Edit: Mar 11, 2006, 06:45:37 AM by FIRESTORMHTR »
Dave

Offline devil-man

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Mar 12, 2006, 03:30:08 PM »
Well lets all have a safe season  and post them pictures,maybe this sight will have a Turkey Contest.Gobble,Gobble
That would be great, but almost impossible to judge.  ???
It's easier to escape from a chain gang than a food chain...

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 13, 2006, 10:29:33 AM »
While out boiling sap yesterday, we kept hearing toms gobbling all around us.  Not long now!
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline Perch Inc.

• Spiked
  • Monster Perch Rulz!!
« Reply #8 on: Mar 17, 2006, 08:21:08 AM »
My son and I went shed hunting two weeks ago and "MAN" do the turkeys have our spot all messed up !!! can't wait!! Good Luck to everyone!!
Pass it on the GREAT NY Outdoors!!         

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: Mar 17, 2006, 06:38:03 PM »
here turkey, turkey, turkey ;D gotta practice my mouth call ;)
cant wait to try out my new gun, come on may 1

Offline spiker2

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #10 on: Mar 21, 2006, 10:42:21 AM »
the season should be good. the winter did not kill that many off and the feilds are starting to look nice with the birds out in them. only a couple more weeks. practicing with the new mouth calls already.plus i can't wait to try that new turkey gun i got. hey mike, wanna use my old 1. i know that 1 won't miss.  ::)

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #11 on: Mar 21, 2006, 12:30:21 PM »
dont blame the gun, lol.
im in for this spring with you guys, someone just posted the hell out of my spot, dang leases.
me and a couple buddies are looking into leasing 600 acres this year, no place left to hunt anymore.

Offline skundl

• Forked
« Reply #12 on: Mar 21, 2006, 01:16:24 PM »
Im ready to hunt but 14 degrees with snow on the ground, I think i can wait a few days.  Got a new gun also, waiting for it to warm up to pattern it.

Offline spiker2

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #13 on: Mar 22, 2006, 09:26:30 AM »
dont blame the gun, lol.
im in for this spring with you guys, someone just posted the hell out of my spot, dang leases.
me and a couple buddies are looking into leasing 600 acres this year, no place left to hunt anymore.
you know your more than welcome j. i always seem to have more fun calling them in for people and letting them shoot than i do going by myself.

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #14 on: Mar 22, 2006, 05:48:32 PM »
come on may 1.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal