Author Topic: My Mouth Call Experiences  (Read 2210 times)

Offline rjhulbert

• 6 Pointer
My Mouth Call Experiences
« on: Mar 21, 2011, 02:17:19 PM »
I keep hearing people asking about different mouth (diaphragms, reeds) calls. I use the Quaker Boys Mini-mags I buy the pack of 4 for $10-$15. I learned how to call by purchasing different how to talk turkey video's I wish I still had them but I let a former "friend" borrow them and never returned the two cd's I had I do remember the first cd I learned on the guy was telling me to make certain calls was like saying cheek up and other words in my own opinion this was the greatest cd I ever learned from I used that cd and mini mags for 3 months straight driving 35 min to and from work I would just call call call and felt confident. The mini mags keep you from feeling like your going to gag the down size is their is only 4 different calls you have the are the Mini-Mag Double, the Mini-Mag Triple, the Mini-Mag Old Boss Hen and the Mini-Mag V Cut. My bird slayer call of choice is the V cut as I said though this is how I learned and I didn't want to take over other posts so I figured I would throw out my $.2 on my own thread hope this helps out and i am still accepting more ideas on how to be a better hunter/caller

Offline dan_lais

• 6 Pointer
  • can't wait for May 1st!!!
Re: My Mouth Call Experiences
« Reply #1 on: Mar 22, 2011, 12:56:56 PM »
oh pick me pick me i know how you can be a better hunter........pull the trigger and stay out of the prone position,in that order.i have been practicing on my mini mags.look out birds here i come.

Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance!!!!!!!!

Offline rjhulbert

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Mar 22, 2011, 06:41:35 PM »
oh pick me pick me i know how you can be a better hunter........pull the trigger and stay out of the prone position,in that order.i have been practicing on my mini mags.look out birds here i come.

you can only comment when you actually put forth good effort on trying to master the mouth  :P

Offline dan_lais

• 6 Pointer
  • can't wait for May 1st!!!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 25, 2011, 01:55:23 PM »
im workin on it bud.makin decent sounds just want consistency ya know.

Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance!!!!!!!!

Offline rjhulbert

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Mar 25, 2011, 02:30:57 PM »
you'll only get that with practicing have to get you a copy of primo's mouth call cd

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal