Author Topic: Short season for me  (Read 3105 times)

Offline Little Brown Dog

• Spiked
Short season for me
« on: May 03, 2005, 12:10:54 PM »
Only lasted for three days, but I had fun!  Didn't get a picture of the first one 17 pounds, 8 1/2 inch beard, 3/4 inch spurs, but here is the second bird 20 pounds 9 inch beard, 3/4 inch spurs both taken in Southwest Vermont.

Offline spiker2

• 6 Pointer
Re: Short season for me
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 12:33:33 PM »
nice bird bud. he looks like he has some nice coloring. sure does feel good to get it over with early.no need for chasing hened gobblers. good luck the rest of the yr. seeya. :)

Offline hunter13

• Forked
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 10:11:37 PM »
nice bird  did you get that one in my back yard lol   i went out sunday where i have ben seeing all them long beards and some jerk came in late and put them off the roost  so it messed my plans up  but its the first year that i didnt hear a gobble  took my son with me this morning around 9 am went to a spot we were seeing one around 930 every day well he showed up but  the 12 gage  3 1/2 inch didnt do its job  lol  but there is allways tomorrow lol

hunter13

Offline Little Brown Dog

• Spiked
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2005, 07:23:10 AM »
Got both north of here...  One sunday at 9:30 and one yesterday at 5:45.  I already have three requests for guide service (free...two friends kids and my father!) Looks like I'll still be calling in birds for a while!  Those were my # 26 and 27 birds.  All shot in VT.

Offline skundl

• Forked
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2005, 08:29:04 PM »
congrats from WNY   Its been cold here in NY and the birds are not cooperating this spring but lots of time left.  nice looking dog, same features as my springer spaniel

Offline Little Brown Dog

• Spiked
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2005, 07:07:37 AM »
Plenty of time left to get'em.  My father is in WNY now trying to fill his tags there.
The dog is a Boykin Spaniel.  She is not allowed to go out turkey hunting with me, but as soon as I walk through the door smelling like a turkey, she busts out and has to check out the big bird.

Offline skundl

• Forked
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2005, 07:29:06 AM »
Was able to bag a big one today.  See site "is everyone ready?".   If I can figure out how to post pics I will.   The turkey and of course my dog.  My dog also goes crazy when I come home.  Shes bird nuts.  Now 10 yrs old I retired her from bird hunting.  Tore up her acls, the first 2 yrs ago, the other one year ago.  Shot hundreds of ringnecks over her.  Still has the nose and desire but not the legs.

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2005, 01:25:16 PM »
well she is a beautiful dog
 and thats a nice bird too
dont they have a face only a mother could love ;)

Offline Deer-Downer

• 6 Pointer
  • Total deer taken in my life....7.... still count'n
« Reply #8 on: Feb 15, 2006, 12:44:00 PM »
 Nice Bird,Man that sure is a good one ;D looking forward to my first season this upcoming Spring just can't wait. ;D ;D ;D

I LOVE STICK AND STRING
I May Be Small But I Hunt Big!!

!!Hunting!! I'm in it for the !!BUCKS!!

Deer-Downer

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal