Author Topic: One last hunt  (Read 2793 times)

Offline Little Brown Dog

• Spiked
One last hunt
« on: Nov 21, 2005, 02:19:46 PM »
Took the little brown dog out for one last hunt on Friday.  Went down to the marsh and paddled around.  A cold morning with clear blue skys.  No ducks were flying, but that was fine, it wasn't about the ducks, it was about spending time together and remembering all of the good hunts we had together.  I'll miss her more than anything.

Here she is as the sun was just coming over the hill.

Offline Pikeguy

• 6 Pointer
Re: One last hunt
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2005, 02:26:34 PM »
Oh man, you didn't have to put her down did you? If so, my condolences as we just had to do that with my stepdad's lab and I know what you're going through. It's tough, but like you said, you always have the memories. Best wishes,

Adam
Adam

Offline Little Brown Dog

• Spiked
« Reply #2 on: Nov 21, 2005, 02:30:05 PM »
Ya, she had to be put down.  I was hoping that she would go on her own so I didn't have to be the one to make that choice.  She was slowly getting worse, I could tell she was hurting, so I had to make that final call.  It was the hardest thing that I have ever done.

Offline Pikeguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Nov 21, 2005, 02:33:33 PM »
But I have to say, no matter how hard it was, it may be the nicest thing you ever did for her. They aren't able to make the call, but I'm sure she let you know how she felt. I'm sure she's in a good place and just know you did the right thing.

Adam
Adam

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 21, 2005, 03:36:28 PM »
My condolences LBD. I hope you have lots of pictures and many memories to treasure. :'(
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline shrub

• 6 Pointer
  • out looking for the big one
« Reply #5 on: Nov 21, 2005, 03:47:24 PM »
my condolances.
I didnt reach the top of the food chain to be a vegatarin!!!!

Offline fishboy

• Spiked
« Reply #6 on: Nov 23, 2005, 08:59:49 AM »
you have my condolences.  My chessie is nine and although he has a lot of hunts left in him I'm sure his time will come.

Offline Hood

• Nubbie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 02, 2005, 07:01:31 PM »
MAN thats tough, what a beautiful dog... she is in a better place chasing birds all day long  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal